Displaying: 17 to 32 of 2735
"Make sure the money is spent well and efficiently."
- Eugenia Larmore, PhD, MBA, President, Ekay Economic Consultants backing up the argument of efficiency in terms of the 6.7 billion dollars heading to Nevada from the federal government. - Friday, August 13, 2021.
"Where there’s a will, there’s a way."
- Tyre Gray, President, Nevada Mining Association feels the Federal Government will be helpful to mining due to the national security component regarding Ioneer and other lithium mining operations in the Silver State. - Thursday, August 12, 2021.
"I suspect we’ll inefficiently spend a reasonable portion of the thing if we spend it all, by any stretch of the imagination.
- Ray Bacon, Executive Director, Nevada Manufacturers Association discussing the 6.7 billion dollars coming to Nevada via the latest federal recovery monies. - Wednesday, August 11, 2021.
"We’re a little apprehensive given the background from which she came from and the ideology, the type of politics that maybe sometimes conflicts with retail or the business community but we’re in this together."
- Bryan Wachter, Senior VP, Government and Public Affairs, Retail Association of Nevada says of Senator Yvanna Cancela’s appointment as Governor Sisolak’s next chief of staff, that she has the expertise, she’s smart and is capable of getting the job done. - Tuesday, August 10, 2021.
"It’s the largest and most advanced lithium project in the United States."
- Tim Crowley, VP Government and Community Relations, Lithium Nevada describing the company’s Thacker Pass lithium mine in Humboldt County north of Winnemucca. - Friday, August 6, 2021.
"Well, it’s not pretty, in the long run"
- Mary Lau, President, CEO, Retail Association of Nevada on the return of the mask mandate. Her association is fully complying with the mandate. Her observation of the public’s reaction was of anger, at the Government, at Governor Sisolak and the lack of any formal message, at the time. - Thursday, August 5, 2021.
"Oh, we’re catching up."
- State Senator Ben Kieckhefer, (R) District #16 says that in regard to Esports he has had conversations with President Sandoval of UNR and at the K12 level and the interest is growing. - Wednesday, August 4, 2021.
"The state was captivated by a great idea that was put forth by the SNWA."
- Kyle Roerink, Executive Director, Great Basin Water Network says it was just right place right time for the only major water bill to make it through the Legislature, which was to kill useless, nonfunctional turf. This will save a huge amount of water. Roughly 10% of Nevada’s allotment of the Colorado River. - Tuesday, August 3, 2021.
"That is the concern from our hospitals and our doctors."
- Heather Korbulic, Executive Director, Silver State Health Insurance Exchange discussing the Public Option passed in the recent session of the Legislature that will mandate that these plans cost 5% less than the lowest pricing for medical insurance that will be offered at that time. The concern is that the reimbursements will be that much lower too, in a state that doesn’t have enough doctors now. - Friday, July 30, 2021.
"A natural disaster, a large earthquake, some kind of civil unrest or terrorist event, especially on the Strip, which would be devastating to our economy. And a pandemic."
- A.G. Burnett, Former Chairman, Nevada Gaming Control Board when asked on a previous program “What keeps you up at night?” His answer was prescient. The pandemic is discussed in detail on this program. - Thursday, July 29, 2021.
"So, we’re here 13 years later with a viable, expanding, vibrant non-profit."
- Charlie Abowd, Chef, Owner CharliesTable@YourHome.com praising his wife, Karen Abowd’s ” The Greenhouse Project.” Ahead of their 2021 Grateful Harvest Dinner fundraiser to be held in Carson City September 27th. Tickets (775)232-8626 - Wednesday, July 28, 2021.
"The thing that’s stopping short of them mandating vaccination for employees and employer groups is the fact that it still is under Emergency Use Authorization."
- Anthony Slonim, President, CEO, Renown Health says that the Covid vaccines are still under emergency use authorization from the FDA despite the fact that vaccines have been administered and proven safe in tens of millions of cases. - Tuesday, July 27, 2021.
"All the challenges related to Thacker Pass, from my perspective, from my jurisdiction, are manageable. They just need to be managed.”"
- Brad Crowell, Director of the Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources says that Lithium is one of the great economic stories for Nevada. - Friday, July 23, 2021.
"Do you know how loyal Hispanics are to people who are good to them?"
- Peter Guzman, President, Las Vegas Latin Chamber of Commerce doesn’t understand why neither political party has fought to carry DACA recipients over the finish line. - Thursday, July 22, 2021.
"I think there was a little bit of credence to that."
- Jeff German, Investigative Reporter, Las Vegas Review-Journal who is also the host of The LVRJ’s Podcast Mobbed Up, in response to a question about allegations that President John Kennedy was assassinated on orders from Sam Giancana and the Chicago mob. The assassination occurred before Mr. German’s time as a reporter. Both former Senator Harry Reid and Former Governor Bob List have denied knowledge of mob involvement. Multiple books have claimed otherwise. - Wednesday, July 21, 2021.
"Rodeo Drive is definitely bouncing back."
- Josh Gross, Publisher, Beverly Hills Weekly says some stores are seeing pre-pandemic sales levels. While foreign travelers are lacking, the void is being filled by other customers. A lot of the restaurants are still struggling. - Tuesday, July 20, 2021.