Quote of the DayDisplaying: 17 to 32 of 1679 "A crime of the nature of sexual assault is just a crime, it’s not a counseling issue, it’s a crime. "
- Marc Johnson, President UNR, discussing his view of the recent incident at the University of Virginia. Thursday, December 11, 2014.
"I don’t necessarily think you can do a billion dollar tax increase because of the economic impact to the businesses that were finally convinced to expand in the State of Nevada and to move to the State of Nevada. "
- State Senator James Settlemeyer District 17, discussing rumors of a potential increase in taxes, due to a looming budget shortfall, over the next biennium. Wednesday, December 10, 2014.
"I think the problem is that non-technical managers think that data security is for the computer guys and it’s not, its two separate disciplines. "
- Ira Victor, Digital Forensic Analyst, Data Clone Labs, who says that data security forensics, are different disciplines than the IT guy that maintains the systems from an operational standpoint. Tuesday, December 09, 2014.
"It looks like Sandoval is doing a very effective job, as the party leader of Nevada, in structuring this Legislative session to come. "
- Fred Lokken, Professor of Political Science at TMCC, commenting on how the Speaker of the Assembly, John Hambrick, is pledging his support to the Governors’ agenda, despite being quite conservative himself. Monday, December 08, 2014.
"We’re seeing a whole lot of interest in Carson City as a result of that. "
- Carson City Mayor Bob Crowell, discussing how the Tesla Gigafactory is having a regional impact, as far as companies wanting to move to Northern Nevada. His hope is for smaller tech manufacturing firms to relocate to the state capital. Thursday, December 04, 2014.
"There was not one, I say underline, one negative ad anywhere, in print or on the television. "
- Jill Derby, Former NV Democratic State Party chair who just returned from Canada during their 5 week election cycle. Wednesday, December 03, 2014.
"You’ve got a Republican Governor who’s stated that he is ready to do tax reform to move the state forward and fund the things that we need to fund. "
- Tray Abney- The Chamber who says the Governor along with the State Senate leadership and some of the Republican leadership in the Assembly are ready to move on tax reform. Some surmise that even though some taxes may go down (sales) the likelihood is that overall revenue to the state will go up.Tuesday, December 02, 2014.
"The Democrats were asleep. "
- Robert Uithoven J3 Strategies who managed Adam Laxalt’s winning campaign for attorney general who says it wasn’t a ”red wave” that got Republicans in Nevada elected. Monday, December 01, 2014.
"It may be that no Republican is willing to step up in 2016 and try. "
- Fred Lokken, Political Science Professor TMCC who thinks we might see a replay of the 2014 Governor’s race in the US Senate race for Senator Reid’s seat. Mark Amodei and Joe Heck have taken themselves out of consideration.Thursday, November 20, 2014.
"That created such a divide among labor and teachers and folks that normally work together on these issues. "
- Marlene Lockard, The Lockard Group who says that Question 3 was a big part of the problem for Democrats in Nevada, on election night, causing Labor to stay home. Wednesday, November 19, 2014.
"Had to be Ross Miller getting beat by Adam Laxalt. "
- Ray Hagar Political Reporter for the Reno Gazette Journal on the biggest surprise of election night. He didn’t think the red wave would clip Miller too. Tuesday, November 18, 2014.
"If I’m the Republicans and I’m coming into the first Legislative session where the two houses of the Legislature and the Governor are Republican, I’m gonna go for everything I can get. "
- Sean Whaley Political Reporter for the Las Vegas Review Journal who says the Republicans will hope to continue that dominance in the next cycle. Monday, November 17, 2014.
"This was a vote against the Obama policies and the Democratic policies. This is not a vote for the Republicans. "
- Tom Cargill Professor of Economics, UNR who says the Republicans have been handed a tremendous opportunity but they’ve been known to “mess up” when given an opportunity and they need to put forward some sensible legislation to deal with serious issues.Thursday, November 13, 2014.
"I don’t think we’ll see massive overhaul or even elimination of the Affordable Care Act. "
- Scott Kipper, NV State Insurance Commissioner thinks that there may be some cleaning up done with Obamacare regarding things like the tax on medical devices. Wednesday, November 12, 2014.
"Both Heath Morrison and Pedro (Martinez) are graduates of the Broad Academy, which is this organization to get schools run like businesses and public relations is a very big part of business. "
- Dennis Myers, News Editor, Reno News and Review describing how both previous School Superintendents in Washoe County were publicity hounds on their own behalf. Tuesday, November 11, 2014.
"I’m seeing increases of up to 300%. "
- Greg Jacobs, Hendricks and Associates, who specializes in health insurance, says some individual policy holders are getting financially slaughtered right now as people are getting new policies that are ACA compliant. Monday, November 10, 2014.
|First Page||Previous Page||Next Page||Last Page|