Quote of the DayDisplaying: 17 to 32 of 1612 "It had a very positive effect, for the local economy, around this downtown neighborhood. "
- Ray Hagar, Reno Gazette Journal on how a marijuana dispensary in Oakland, Ca created a better economic outcome for an area that had originally been strewn with needles and syringes. The dispensary cleaned up the area and created jobs that reverberated through the local economy. Thursday, June 05, 2014.
"It’s neck and neck but I have a really good feeling that I can pull this out. "
- Sue Lowden(R) candidate for Lt. Governor feeling optimistic, due to recent polling by her campaign. Wednesday, June 04, 2014.
"You can vote against the layoffs but go find me 4 million dollars to keep ‘em. "
- Reno City Councilman Dwight Dortch who is in a fight with Councilwoman Hillary Schieve, who is running for Mayor, over layoffs of Reno fireman due to a Federal grant going away. Tuesday, June 03, 2014.
"You get the sense that they’re kinda overwhelmed. "
- Chris Wicker, spokesman, Washoe Dems who says the service the VA gives is good but the number of Veterans needing help is escalating dramatically. Monday, June 02, 2014.
"It is scary when someone says, 'Hey I’m holding your data hostage and if you don’t pay me you don’t get your data.'"
- Ira Victor, Data Clone Labs, who says that some groups of cyber criminals have found a way to lock people out of their IPads and IPhones and are demanding a ransom to get the data back. He says don’t pay the ransom. Contact your Apple store and they’ll help you unlock your device from this Ransomware.Thursday, May 29, 2014.
"Well that’s certainly a concern because there is nothing in that Education Initiative or Margins Tax Initiative, as we prefer to call it, that specifies that ultimately that the dollars need to go to education. "
- Lobbyist George Ross says the state has many pressing financial needs beyond education including mental health and Medicaid reimbursements. Wednesday, May 28, 2014.
"It was .08% at that time and they came out in support. "
- State Senator Ruben Kihuen who strongly supports the SNEA’s Education Initiative but agrees that during the recent Legislative session the AFL-CIO supported the Initiative at the .08% level but when the ballot question put the rate at 2% they withdrew their support.Tuesday, May 27, 2014.
"You may not want to try to solve your education funding problems by hurting the business community by imposing a new tax. "
- Texas State Senator Craig Estes wants to repeal the Margins Tax in Texas. He says they have a Rainy Day Fund that is bursting at the seams. Monday, May 26, 2014.
"That’s like jumping off the stupid tree and hitting every branch on the way down. "
- George Harris, Chairman Nevadans for Sound Government commenting on the argument between George Clooney and Steve Wynn, at a dinner, where Clooney was introducing his new brand of tequila to Wynn who would have likely sold millions of dollars’ worth of the liquid gold.Thursday, May 22, 2014.
"Danny should look for another excuse. "
- Dan Hart, Democratic Political Consultant who says that despite the fact that AFL-CIO boss Danny Thomson is saying that the 2% Margins tax is not what he signed up for and why he no longer supports the Education Initiative, Hart says there is ample evidence that that is not true.Wednesday, May 21, 2014.
"Adaptation to climate change isn’t an event. Just like sustainability isn’t an event. It’s a journey. "
- Pat Mulroy, Senior Fellow, Brookings Mountain West who says you have to put the processes in place to where you can make the adjustments you need to make, as conditions change. Tuesday, May 20, 2014.
"We think we have probably a good ten years before we’re going to be in any kind of construction at Ivanpah. "
- Rosemary Vassiliadis, Director of Aviation, Clark County Dept. of Aviation. Who says that the building of the second major airport for Las Vegas will be a huge driver of economic development for both cargo and passenger service once McCarran Airport is close to being maxed out.Monday, May 19, 2014.
"Is there ever a time you could have too much democracy? And this is probably a good example of that. "
- Fred Lokken, Professor of Political Science TMCC commenting on the 18 current candidates for Reno Mayor. Thursday, May 08, 2014.
"Yes, that pretty much sews it up we’re all recovered now. Steve Wynn says Las Vegas is back so that’s pretty much gospel. "
- Howard Stutz, Gaming Reporter, Las Vegas Review Journal who says despite the fact that Wynn Resorts derive 75% of their revenues from Macau, Mr. Wynn was quoted as saying that things have turned around in Las Vegas, on a recent earnings call. Wednesday, May 07, 2014.
"Regardless of party, it is better to have an individual, in the Majority Leaders position, from our state. "
- Governor Brian Sandoval, who says he works with Senator Reid on many issues including drones, sage grouse, economic development and transportation. And he said they work very well together. Tuesday, May 06, 2014.
"Of course I’m concerned about it. That’s why I set up the Eco System Council and you’ve got representatives from all the different disciplines within the state that could be affected. "
- Governor Brian Sandoval explains that he has brought together ranchers, miners and environmentalists, early on, to work together to prevent the listing of the Sage Grouse as an endangered species. Monday, May 05, 2014.
|First Page||Previous Page||Next Page||Last Page|