Displaying: 17 to 32 of 2111
"There is broad-based support in the American public for many different kinds of common-sense gun legislation, so I am absolutely certain that there will be a broader conversation than just bump stocks."
- State Senator Julia Ratti, District 13 speaking after the Route 91 Las Vegas shooting.Friday, October 13, 2017.
"It’s going to take some time for the courts to decide whether to enjoin that or not."
- Elisa Cafferata, Lobbyist, Planned Parenthood on the rule change that the administration pushed through on an emergency basis, regarding women’s birth control. Three states have already sued.Thursday, October 12, 2017.
"There was great potential for the event that did happen, to happen.
- Vice Admiral Lee Gunn, USN (Ret.) referring to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. The Admiral says the siting was bad due to the geological history. He says the nuclear industry has a far better safety record than the fossil fuel industry regarding transportation and emissions. He also states that the US should have an all-in philosophy regarding future fuels.Wednesday, October 11, 2017.
"What resources do you need from the state?"
- Caleb Cage, Chief of the Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security Advisor says this is the first question he asks the counties in an event like the mass shooting in Las Vegas.Monday, October 09, 2017.
"His legacy will live on. The man was brilliant.
- Mendy Elliott, Partner, Capitol Partners, LLC says with Don Carano’s passing we have lost a true giant of the gaming industry. She said he is unsung for the things that he did quietly that folks don’t know (about).Thursday, October 05, 2017.
"Frankly, it sucks that this had to happen for that to come out"
- Seth Richardson, Political Reporter Cleveland Plain Dealer referring to how Nevadans across the state came together to help the victims of the mass shootings in Las Vegas. It was a lot different image than the normal Sin City image of Las Vegas.
Wednesday, October 04, 2017.
"Until we can get a cure for the hearts of man and until we stop dealing with things in anger and stop dealing with things in violence this is just going to continue in our country."
- Mary Lau, President and CEO, Retail Association of Nevada speaking hours after the mass shootings in Las Vegas.
Tuesday, October 03, 2017.
"I’m just in complete shock that someone could injure and kill so many people in such a brief amount of time"
- Sean Whaley, Reporter, Las Vegas Review-Journal says it’s just mind boggling of how many people have been harmed, injured and killed in the mass shooting in Las Vegas.Monday, October 02, 2017.
"I think he could undo a lot of the progress we've made under Gov. Sandoval.
- State Senator Yvanna D. Cancela, District 10 voicing her concerns about A.G. Adam Laxalt becoming Governor.Thursday, September 28, 2017.
"My family premiums are going to be over $2000 a month next year.
- Danny Tarkanian, Candidate for US Senate (R) using his own example of how Obamacare is killing the middle class financially.Wednesday, September 27, 2017.
"I do not see how the state can sustain two medical schools with the costs being so high."
- Former Congresswoman Shelley Berkley says the 45-year-old UNR medical school should be folded into the new medical school at UNLV. She thinks the UNR funding should be given to K12 education instead.Tuesday, September 26, 2017.
"What’s wrong with this guy.
- Marlene Lockard, Partner, The Lockard Group says the President should be concentrating on North Korea and the Healthcare bill while the President is popping off about Colin Kaepernick.Monday, September 25, 2017.
"Whatever you've heard about Equifax, it's much worse
- Ira Victor, Digital Forensic Analyst, DiscoveryTechnician.com says that the breach on Equifax's support web site has the potential to even be more trouble than the original hack since it also asked for the last six digits of your social security number, to find out if you were compromised.Thursday, September 21, 2017.
"We don’t know where all of the deposits are in Nevada but the folks that are involved in exploring for lithium and other 21st century minerals and metals will be constrained by boundaries that restrict where they can and cannot explore.
- Dana Bennett, President, Nevada Mining Association speaking in regard to the potential shrinkage of the Gold Butte Monument area and how it could positively impact lithium mining in the state.Wednesday, September 20, 2017.
"The fact is, local law enforcement, at least here in Clark County, wants the pot lounges.
- State Senator Tick Segerblom, District 3 who says casinos want them too. He says everyone in Southern Nevada is talking about this.Tuesday, September 19, 2017.
"We really need to build homes and we really need to build homes quickly.
- Abbi Whitaker, Owner/President, The Abbi Agency says we need to get back the skilled construction workforce that left during the great recession. That should start to tamp down the rising housing costs in Northern Nevada.Monday, September 18, 2017.