Displaying: 17 to 32 of 2079
"You can’t defeat an ideology with weapons.
- Jill Derby, Former Nevada Democratic Chair describing her view that there will be new versions of ISIS until all the people have an equal input into how they are governed in places like Syria and Iraq.
Tuesday, July 25, 2017.
"That blew my mind.
- Monica Jaye, News Anchor, Public Affairs Director, KKOH on hearing the news that Harry Reid and John Boehner were teaming up to co-chair a new public policy institute at UNLV.
She feels that this is another example of the Washington DC swamp that President Trump is trying to drain.Monday, July 24, 2017.
"I think it’s going to be a minor distraction, quite frankly.
- Andrew MacKay, Exec. Dir., Nevada Franchised Auto Dealers Association commenting on State Treasurer Dan Schwartz pursuing a potential primary challenge to AG Adam Laxalt for Governor.
Thursday, July 20, 2017.
"Sheldon is a good man. I'm not disparaging him. But this world is full of billionaires and full of millionaires. He's not the only guy in town."
- Dan Schwartz, Nevada State Treasurer who says he is likely to announce for Governor in September and is not concerned about Sheldon Adelson’s support of AG Adam Laxalt in this race.Wednesday, July 19, 2017.
"The problems from it, are yet to be seen."
- Marsha Berkbigler, Washoe County Commissioner discussing the overwhelming success, so far based on sales, of recreational marijuana.
Tuesday, July 18, 2017.
"it is going to be tough for him to compete down there. I wish him the best of luck.
- Mike Alonso, Lewis & Roca looking at Alex Meruelo’s group buying SLS, the former Sahara and trying to compete with both the local giants like Station Casinos and Boyd Gaming, as well as Strip giants like MGM Entertainment and Caesars Entertainment.Monday, July 17, 2017.
"I’m not a total whore.
- State Senator Tick Segerblom District 3 who is running for the Clark County Commission seat being vacated by Chris Giunchigliani says he won’t accept money from Sheldon Adelson because his properties in Las Vegas are non-union.Thursday, July 13, 2017.
"She would crush Rosen.
- Mendy Elliott, Partner, Capitol Partners, LLC who as a Republican, agrees that Congresswoman Dina Titus would win the US Senate Democratic primary if she enters the race. Ms. Elliot would prefer Congresswoman Rosen to be the candidate in the general election against Senator Heller.Wednesday, July 12, 2017.
"He has stabbed Dina a number of time so I'm just not sure.
- Marlene Lockard, Partner, The Lockard Group on being asked if she thinks Harry Reid would support Dina Titus if she gets in the US Senate race and wins the primary.Tuesday, July 11, 2017.
"We’re expecting about 40,000 this year."
- Bobbi Thompson, Minden-Tahoe Airport Manager who has pulled off the feat of getting the USAF Thunderbirds demonstration team to come to her small airport two years in a row. Last year 30,000 people showed up to watch the air show.Monday, July 10, 2017.
"You have to sit back and say, how much of this is just an unbridled bureaucracy just looking to perpetuate itself and what portion of this is actually needed?
- Pat Mulroy, Senior Fellow at Brookings Mountain West who says while the Trump policy on climate change is schizophrenic the Obama policy on the environment swung too far to the left.Thursday, July 06, 2017.
"That was another one of Harry Reid's picks, don't forget.
- Congresswoman Dina Titus referring to former Henderson Mayor and now Clark County Commissioner Jim Gibson. She took him out in the primary for Governor by 20 points. The Congresswomen is deciding whether to enter the US Senate race. She gives no consideration to the fact that first term Congresswoman Jacky Rosen has already announced for the seat.Wednesday, July 05, 2017.
"That would be a more conservative take than I would have on him.
- Victor Joecks, Columnist, Las Vegas Review-Journal who being asked if he considers Governor Sandoval a moderate Republican said that the Governor has shown time and time again that he is a left of center guy. Joecks points to the Commerce Tax, money for groups that could include Planned Parenthood and one of the first Governors to expand Medicaid.Tuesday, July 04, 2017.
"It did surprise me, at the end of the day.
- Dr. Jeffrey Geihs, Turnaround Zone CCSD thought that there would be funding for ESA’s even though the major school districts in the state were against them.
Monday, July 03, 2017.
"News is not just to inform it’s to educate."
- Mark Peplowski, Professor Political Science, College of Southern Nevada decrying the lack of depth in our broadcast media news coverage. He says France, Germany and even some outlets in Russia provide better context.Thursday, June 29, 2017.
"The indication is that by fall we’re going to be seeing some of these cranes in the ground and I’m sure that that’s what’s going to happen.
- Rick Velotta, Reporter, Tourism and Transportation, LVRJ speaking of the real construction action beginning on Resorts World’s eventual 6583 room, 7.2-billion-dollar project on the Las Vegas strip.Wednesday, June 28, 2017.