Quote of the DayDisplaying: 17 to 32 of 1722 "Not one person endorsed 252 per se. They endorsed the idea of spending money on education. "
- Mary Lau, President/CEO Retail Association of Nevada referring to the three former Nevada Governors who spoke at Governor Sandoval’s recent appearance before the Legislature.Wednesday, March 25, 2015.
"We’re not trying to compete with the Governor. "
- Assembly Majority Leader Paul Anderson who says the Republican leadership just wants to have multiple paths to the same success, after putting out a new tax plan that doesn’t rely on gross receipts.Tuesday, March 24, 2015.
"In some cases the entire salary is paid to do union business the entire time. "
- Assemblyman Randy Kirner who says that if the taxpayers are paying, the firefighters should be fighting fires, the policemen should be policing, teachers should be teaching. The city should not be paying for firefighters to do union business.Monday, March 23, 2015.
"We have a lot of ways, sometimes not enough means. "
- Assemblyman Pat Hickey who says the Governor has to continue to take on the challenge personally, in regards to raising the revenue, to fund his ambitious plans. Thursday, March 19, 2015.
"With 30 different categories, with the number of exemptions, the tax that we see today, that we are going to be looking at, is as simple as it will ever be. "
- Paul Enos CEO NV Trucking Association describing one of the ways the Governors tax plan is bad tax policy. Wednesday, March 18, 2015.
"Mike Roberson is a lobbyist, full time, when he’s not a legislator. He’s in the process of trying to get rich through government. I think that will provide a stark contrast for the voters."
- Bob Beers, Las Vegas City Councilman running against Harry Reid in 2016, who uses the same accusation against State Senator Michael Roberson that he uses against US Senator Reid.Tuesday, March 17, 2015.
"Maybe 350 (to) 400 million dollars over a ten year period. "
- Lance Gilman Broker/Partner, Tahoe Reno Industrial Center, describing why data storage companies like Apple and Microsoft are moving their expansions to Arizona because the cost of electricity is 9 cents per kilowatt hour versus 5 cents in Arizona. Gilman is looking to NV Energy and the PUC plus the Legislature to come up with a way to incentivize data storage companies to stay in Nevada.Monday, March 16, 2015.
"We’ll see if the Governor has heard the same message"
- Senate Minority Leader Aaron Ford said “We do have in the back of our minds, in our caucus, that the people of the state of Nevada have indicated that they didn’t want a Margins Tax”.Thursday, March 12, 2015.
"This building works for 120 days. We don’t stop right after 30. "
- Assembly Minority Leader Marilyn Kirkpatrick responding to State Senator Ben Kieckhefer who accused the Democrats of being too late with their Blueprint for Nevada.Wednesday, March 11, 2015.
"It looked to me like a lot of bullet points and not a lot of substance. A lot of talking points that we’ve been hearing about, for the campaign cycle. And it looks like they’re still in campaign mode, to me."
- Assistant Senate Majority Leader Ben Kieckhefer decrying the Democrats Blueprint for Nevada. Tuesday, March 10, 2015.
"This dictates there must be a mandatory middleman in between those two steps in the chain "
- William Adler, Medical Marijuana Association who says that IP 1, that is about recreational marijuana, now requires a three tier system, similar to that of alcohol. His association may run an alternative petition if this remains in place.Monday, March 09, 2015.
"The Republicans have a very robust agenda and they plan to pursue it quickly. "
- Lt Governor Mark Hutchison discussing the school rollover bonding and the removal of prevailing wage for schools and universities. Thursday, March 05, 2015.
"Some critics call “the ram and jam” getting the bills through, just push em through. "
- Sean Whaley, Political Reporter for the Las Vegas Review-Journal describing the speed the Republicans are moving at to get their bills to the Governor’s desk, for signing. Wednesday, March 04, 2015.
"Well it keeps me on my toes, first of all. "
- Republican Assemblyman PK O’Neill, whose Assembly district 40 has a vast diversity of Republicans, Democrats and Union workers. He says he represents the entire district, now that he has been elected.Tuesday, March 03, 2015.
"We need a measure of last resort and that’s what the achievement district will be. "
- Dale Erquiaga, State Superintendent of Public Education who says that even though the Turnaround Zones and the Zoom schools are working, there are still some schools that continue to fail.Monday, March 02, 2015.
"That’s not happening! Don’t say that! That’s just not happening. Those kind of myths, it doesn’t happen. "
- Dan Skye Editor-in-Chief High Times Magazine stating that people driving under the influence of marijuana are never found to be driving at 25 mph on the freeway. Thursday, February 26, 2015.
|First Page||Previous Page||Next Page||Last Page|