Displaying: 17 to 32 of 2151
"(For) anybody going into the rooms, we would like to have a safety button where they can protect themselves.
- Geoconda Argüello-Kline, Secretary-Treasurer for the Culinary Union says as the union works on a new contract with the casinos, safety for all workers that go into rooms, from the maids to the people that stock the mini bars, is at the top of the list of demands.Thursday, February 08, 2018.
"There are so many questions, and it opens the door down so many avenues.
- Marlene Lockard, Partner, The Lockard Group on Steve Wynn’s resignation regarding the alleged sexual assaults that many knew of but didn’t reveal and whether the properties will continue to thrive without the figurehead in place.Wednesday, February 07, 2018.
"It’s going to be a little more complex.
- Chris Wicker, Former State Democratic Party Vice Chair/DNC Member says the Democrats strategy in the next election cycle is not going to be simple one liners but more detailed positions.
Tuesday, February 06, 2018.
"How are we going to put a structure around it so that it is both safe and generally out of the hands of those that shouldn’t have it?
- Jesse Wadhams, Of Counsel, Fennemore Craig looking at the nascent legal marijuana industry in Nevada and figuring out how to protect it from any potential federal overreach.
Monday, February 05, 2018.
"Because the private citizens wanted beach access, I guess.
- Marsha Berkbigler, Chairwoman, Washoe County Commission says that a staff person with the Incline Village General Improvement District sold 3 valuable non-developable parcels of land to private citizens without the sign off of the IVGID Board. Such action would be illegal for the County so she asks why is it legal for a GID? Commissioner Berkbigler wants the Legislature to change the GID statutes so the public’s land can’t be undervalued and sold. The land gives valuable access to private beaches, golf courses and more.Thursday, February 01, 2018.
"Graveyards (are) full of irreplaceable people.
- State Senator Ben Kieckhefer, Washoe District 4 making the observation that if Steve Wynn were forced out of Wynn Resorts that the company would continue on and potentially thrive.
Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
"What the block chain, simply is, a new way to manage the trust between two parties who may want to interact or transact value.
- Allison Clift-Jennings, CEO, Filament says block chains allow machines and people to transact more efficiently.
Tuesday, January 30, 2018.
"The Wynn in Boston isn’t that much different than the Wynn in Macau or the Wynn in Las Vegas. They’re all the same template with a lot of the same stuff inside.
- Steve Friess, Freelance Journalist, Ann Arbor, Michigan says that despite the fact that Steve Wynn has been a visionary in the past, he’s now starting to repeat himself in his designs. Comparing Wynn and his resorts to the loss of Steve Jobs at Apple, the company can survive if it moves to quickly resolve this crisis.Monday, January 29, 2018.
"We have companies around the world watching Nevada right now.
- Ned Ross, Nevada Retail Energy Suppliers Association regarding the vote this November, by Nevadans, on the Energy Choice Initiative.
Thursday, January 25, 2018.
"The noted one would be Woodrow Wilson in 1914/1915 reducing the size of what’s now Olympia State Park, it was a national monument at that time, by more than two thirds.
- Stanley Paher, Author on whether Presidents can reduce the size of national monuments in addition to creating them.
Wednesday, January 24, 2018.
"We’re really looking at Northern Nevada as a total community we’re not focused on one (area) because we are now all joined together in this mega project.
- Lance Gilman, Partner-Broker, Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center says that he and his partner Roger Norman Sr are looking to develop in rural Nevada, in places like Fernley, Fallon, Yerington and the highway 50 corridor as the next growth areas in Northern Nevada.Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
"All with the Blockchain technology foundation.
- Lance Gilman, Partner-Broker, Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center describing what the new owner of half of the Tahoe Reno Industrial Centers, Blockchains LLC, will be utilizing as it develops residential, commercial and industrial projects at TRI.Monday, January 22, 2018.
"It’s a separate position."
- Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve wants to go to the Legislature and make the Reno Mayor’s position substantially different from a City Council position which would allow someone to serve three terms as a City Council person and then serve an additional three terms as Mayor. Schieve says the Council people have the necessary experience required for the job.Thursday, December 14, 2017.
"The average home price here is $360,000. Now that's a lot easier to swallow than San Francisco at $1.5 million."
- Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve, while realizing that home prices are higher than the average worker can afford, is working on creative solutions to the Reno housing crunch. Promoting infill projects and public/private partnerships are among the solutions she sees.Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
"It would just kick butt over routes in Kansas City, Tulsa, Okla., or wherever else they are currently building light rail."
- Tina Quigley, General Manager, Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada says
The proposed light-rail transportation system along Maryland Parkway in Las Vegas is a corridor that is ripe and right for developer interest. She says developers ask all the time, when is it going to happen?
Her quote is in response to the competition for Federal funding.Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
"Some journalism doesn’t live up to that standard either."
- Elisa Cafferata, Lobbyist, Planned Parenthood while concerned that social media reports don’t have the depth of reporting and fact checking that old style media has points out that they, at times, miss that high bar too.Monday, December 11, 2017.