Quote of the DayDisplaying: 17 to 32 of 1762 "Had they worked with the Governor and made their case they may have been in a better position. "
- Alfredo Alonso, Lewis and Roca, talking about the Auto Dealers. Liz McMenamin of the Retail Association of Nevada provided a rebuttal later in the program saying the Auto Dealers had been at the table with the Retailers and others, saying that they weren’t against raising taxes but they were against a gross receipts tax.Thursday, June 18, 2015.
"The hit in our industry is going to be to the employees. "
- Wayne Frediani President NFADA who says there are going to be layoffs at the auto dealers due to the new Commerce Tax. Wednesday, June 17, 2015.
"And that’s a valid complaint "
- Marsha Berkbigler, Chairwoman Washoe County Commission, who says that complaints about the lengthy permitting process in Washoe County will hopefully be resolved by the hiring of a coordinator, to hand hold businesses through the process, in a timely fashion.Tuesday, June 16, 2015.
"It was more a gross receipts or gross revenues tax than margins, to be technical about it. "
- Assemblyman Pat Hickey who says he was willing to raise taxes from the start if the Republicans got some of their reforms passed. He felt, in several instances that occurred this session.Monday, June 15, 2015.
"Yes, I think there is a movement nationwide, internationally, to allow people to end their own life. I am not part of that."
- State Senator Joe Hardy who is against the Death with Dignity movement. He feels that as a doctor himself he wants to focus on treating the patient and not allowing them to choose their own time of their demise.Thursday, May 28, 2015.
"It’s the irony of making government small enough to fit in your uterus. "
- Elisa Cafferata, Planned Parenthood fighting against the parental notification bill regarding abortion and making the point that some of the conservative legislators promoting AB 405 would fight against what they perceive as the nanny state. Wednesday, May 27, 2015.
"Some of them were absolutely astounded. Some were absolutely furious. (referring to the committee members). "
- Susan Fisher VP Government Affairs McDonald Carano referring to the tepid support the CEO of the Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce, Kristen McMillan, gave to Governor Sandoval’s Plan B tax plan, in front of Assembly Ways and Means and Senate Finance.Tuesday, May 26, 2015.
"I worry about the nuclear option. "
- Fred Lokken, Political Scientist TMCC, who says that if everyone is really stubborn about getting everything they came to the session to get, that will create barriers that will drive us into multiple special sessions.Monday, May 25, 2015.
"You’ve got two businesses that are monopolies, trying to change the face of how other business is done in the state of Nevada. "
- Mary Lau President RAN naming MGM Resorts and Caesars Entertainment as the prime sponsors of the Gross Receipts Tax (Commerce Tax) that is currently under debate at the Legislature.Thursday, May 21, 2015.
"I don’t know who’s who, in the zoo. "
- Assemblyman Randy Kirner responding that he hadn’t seen NPRI’s list of who might vote for the Governors tax plan. Kirner still has concerns over the nature of the Commerce tax, regarding gross receipts.Wednesday, May 20, 2015.
"Practically speaking, that’s not going to happen and can’t happen very easily. "
- Assemblyman Pat Hickey describing the problems with Jim Wheeler/Ron Knecht tax plan because it would require local governments to significantly reduce their PERS contribution.Tuesday, May 19, 2015.
"What we’ve done is given the PUC the ability, the authority to raise the cap. "
- State Senator James Settlemeyer who says that he is making sure that the costs associated with solar energy is not passed on to the regular consumer. Monday, May 18, 2015.
"If that does not go forward, we’re going to lose, not just the business to Northern Nevada but for every single county in Nevada we’re going to lose a leading edge, dynamic industry."
- Lance Gilman, Tahoe Reno Industrial Center, referencing a bill (SB 170) that contains incentives for companies like Switch to remain and expand, in Nevada.Thursday, May 14, 2015.
"I don’t think a gross receipts tax, as such, is on our radar. "
- Speaker of the Nevada Assembly John Hambrick giving a hint as to what the Assembly Republicans are thinking at this moment in time.Wednesday, May 13, 2015.
"The saddest thing that happened was a rule change in the Senate yesterday that in effect doesn’t allow the minority party to introduce an amendment unless the majority party approves it."
- Danny Thompson AFL-CIO who says he’s never seen anything like it in the 35 years he’s been at the Nevada Legislature. Tuesday, May 12, 2015.
"I don’t know whether they’ll make any changes, this session, or next, or not at all. "
- Chief Justice Nevada Supreme Court James Hardesty who says that according to the bill that was passed in 1997, if Nevadans approved a Court of Appeals, the Supreme Court would be reduced from 7 to 5 members.Monday, May 11, 2015.
|First Page||Previous Page||Next Page||Last Page|