Quote of the DayDisplaying: 17 to 32 of 1750 "If that does not go forward, we’re going to lose, not just the business to Northern Nevada but for every single county in Nevada we’re going to lose a leading edge, dynamic industry."
- Lance Gilman, Tahoe Reno Industrial Center, referencing a bill (SB 170) that contains incentives for companies like Switch to remain and expand, in Nevada.Thursday, May 14, 2015.
"I don’t think a gross receipts tax, as such, is on our radar. "
- Speaker of the Nevada Assembly John Hambrick giving a hint as to what the Assembly Republicans are thinking at this moment in time.Wednesday, May 13, 2015.
"The saddest thing that happened was a rule change in the Senate yesterday that in effect doesn’t allow the minority party to introduce an amendment unless the majority party approves it."
- Danny Thompson AFL-CIO who says he’s never seen anything like it in the 35 years he’s been at the Nevada Legislature. Tuesday, May 12, 2015.
"I don’t know whether they’ll make any changes, this session, or next, or not at all. "
- Chief Justice Nevada Supreme Court James Hardesty who says that according to the bill that was passed in 1997, if Nevadans approved a Court of Appeals, the Supreme Court would be reduced from 7 to 5 members.Monday, May 11, 2015.
"So you just mentioned several of the things that keep me up at night. "
- Pat Skorkowsky, Superintendent Clark County School District who says the main one is having a seat for every student. The Superintendent concerns encompass the pre-recession growth that is returning to the Las Vegas valley.Thursday, May 07, 2015.
"There’s going to be some requirements by certain segments of the Republican caucus, in the Assembly, that some of these reforms go through."
- Attorney Joe Guild who says that to get Republicans to support a tax increase, they are going to want some tort reforms to go through. Wednesday, May 06, 2015.
"They (MPP) were concerned that the liquor industry would come in and oppose the petition so they thought, well, if we bring them in and let them be part of it then they’ll support and won’t fight it on the ballot."
- State Senator Tick Segerblom on why there will be a three tier system, as there is for alcohol, for recreational marijuana. This will amount to a 10% tax. The Marijuana Policy Project was concerned that the liquor industry might mount a ten million dollar campaign to defeat the initiative unless they were included.Tuesday, May 05, 2015.
"I don’t think it’s impossible that we wind up with, if the BLF goes forward, that it has a sunset clause on it."
- Ray Bacon, NV Manufacturers Association who says the business license fee hasn’t been proven to work elsewhere.Monday, May 04, 2015.
"We agree with the Governor that more revenue is needed in this state and we’re willing to pay more. "
- Robert Uithoven, J3 Strategies, who represents Las Vegas Sands says the company will probably weigh in when the final bill takes shape. Thursday, April 30, 2015.
"It’s dropped 30% since the last session. It’s dropped 9% since this session began. "
- Dana Bennett, President Nevada Mining Association, talking about the price of gold. Ms. Bennett points out that copper and silver are also down and that those commodity prices are concerning.Wednesday, April 29, 2015.
"When we report scores we don’t single out Suzy Smith living on 123 Elm St and make sure people know what her score was. "
- Joyce Haldeman, Associate Superintendent Clark County School District referring to the concerns over privacy issues with regard to Common Core. The scores are part of an aggregate. Tuesday, April 28, 2015.
"I think the votes are there but whether they would override the Governor’s veto? That’s another question. "
- State Senator Don Gustavson showing the veto power of the Governor regarding the Senators proposed 80mph speed limit in areas that currently are signed for 75mph. Monday, April 27, 2015.
"Maybe taking the cap off entirely scares people. So do another baby step, double it. "
- Susan Fisher VP Government Affairs, McDonald Carano Wilson who says that the cap for solar energy should go to 6% from 3% and then come back in a couple of years and see where we are.Thursday, April 23, 2015.
"Most of the money that Congressman Hardy has raised to this day is from Super PACs and from the Koch brothers, who are trying to buy America. "
- State Senator Ruben Kihuen who says he is sending a message to the Congressman and the Koch brothers that the people own America. Wednesday, April 22, 2015.
"If the Governor directs the Attorney General to file a lawsuit then the Attorney General has to file a lawsuit. "
- Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt saying the only reason not to, would be a serious constitutional reason not to. The previous Attorney General did not share that opinion.Monday, April 20, 2015.
"As the largest employer they also have the largest amount of kids in the system as well. "
- Derek Armstrong, Chairman of Assembly Taxation explaining why perhaps Gaming should pay more because if the money is going to education they would benefit too. Thursday, April 16, 2015.
|First Page||Previous Page||Next Page||Last Page|