Quote of the DayDisplaying: 17 to 32 of 1548 "They’re not just a lick 'em stick 'em and stick those pill bottles out there for you to take. "
- Liz MacMenamin, VP Retail Association of Nevada, discussing how chain drug stores like CVS are making major moves in increasing their involvement in health care, with pharmacists doing what they have been trained for and not just for dispensing pills. Thursday, February 06, 2014.
"Until there’s a robust recovery in gaming gross revenue in the United States, which is where most of their assets are, they’re going to have to continue to pay down as much debt as they can annually and refinance that debt when it matures. "
- Phil Satre, Chairman of the Board IGT, looking at the debt of Caesars Entertainment, which is higher than that of the City of Detroit which has declared bankruptcy (according to Howard Stutz of the LVRJ). Mr. Satre points out that Caesars continues to expand in the United States.Wednesday, February 05, 2014.
"Certainly you have to ride for the brand now and again. "
- Pete Ernaut, President Government and Public Affairs R & R Partners, explaining Governor Sandoval’s popularity by the measure that he is not overly partisan in any way. He makes his mind up and makes decisions on what’s best for the State of Nevada. Appealing to Republicans, Democrats and Independents.Tuesday, February 04, 2014.
"That initiative that the Teacher’s have is not the same initiative that we had worked on. "
- Danny Thompson AFL-CIO, describes the AFL-CIO initiative as a net profit tax with a rate of .08% not the 2% gross profits tax the Teacher’s Union got onto the 2014 ballot. Monday, February 03, 2014.
- Danny Thompson, AFL-CIO, when asked if the Presidents call to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 could pass the Republican House of Representatives. Thursday, January 30, 2014.
"The top of our list would be service to New York and to Washington DC. "
- Marily Mora, President CEO Reno Tahoe Airport Authority, looking to partner with the Northern Nevada business community to get air service into Reno that would benefit both the business and tourism communities. Wednesday, January 29, 2014.
"You set a precedent for total lawlessness on the part of government officials who are just governing by fiat. "
- Orrin Johnson Republican activist, who is upset at the Obama administration, through the Justice Department, for selectively deciding not to enforce Federal Law. In this case, state legalization of both recreational and medical marijuana. Tuesday, January 28, 2014.
"It’s really going to be a pyramid. The base of that is the testing capability all the way up to the highest levels of innovation. "
- Dr. Stephen Wells, President DRI who is thrilled with the potential that the FAA designation of Nevada as one of the six states chosen to be a drone testing region, brings. Monday, January 27, 2014.
"Some of the steps they are taking, by trying to impose a ban of secrecy on the internet and keeping journalists out, is a Sisyphean task. They can’t do. "
- Ty Cobb, Former Special Advisor to President Reagan on China’s efforts to keep out reporters for the New York Times and Bloomberg News by denying them visa’s. Thursday, January 23, 2014.
"I’m pragmatic. I’m looking at the reality of the situation. Even if Republicans were to take control of the Senate through this cycle and you controlled both houses, by the time it would get to the White House, he’d veto it. "
- US Senator Dean Heller admitting that repeal of Obamacare is no longer possible and that he intends to work on making, in his words, a bad law better. Wednesday, January 22, 2014.
"Other than taxes, he could be a Democrat. "
- State Senator “Tick” Segerblom (D) who has decided not to challenge Brian Sandoval in the Governor’s race. The Senator feels the Governor has done some good things like signing the medical marijuana bill and the bill that allows undocumented aliens the ability to get drivers licenses but he wants the Governor to realize that the state needs more revenue to move forward.Tuesday, January 21, 2014.
"40% or so, of the businesses in Egypt, are owned by the military. "
- Jill Derby, Cultural Anthropologist, who feels that the military running the country will bring a certain level of stability to Egypt. The military in Egypt is involved in a lot more of the fabric of the country that the military in the US. Monday, January 20, 2014.
"Some of these people will literally sit on the casino floor for 24 hours. "
- Sean Cary reporting from Macau says that there is no comparison to the casino experience in Macau to that on the Las Vegas Strip. The focus is on gambling. There is very little drinking of alcohol on the casino floor. They (mainland Chinese) drink water or tea.Thursday, January 16, 2014.
"You know what I’m going to do Sam. I’m going to encourage him to come on your show. "
- Greg Ferraro, The Ferraro Group, discussing Governor Sandoval’s lack of appearances before newspaper editorial boards and political interview shows despite having plenty of good things to talk about. Wednesday, January 15, 2014.
"This is maybe not even a once in decade opportunity, it’s probably once every 25 years where a state has an opportunity to be at the cutting edge of really a new, and what promises to be, a pretty large industry. "
- Steve Hill, Governor’s Office of Economic Development, talking about Nevada being chosen as one of 6 sites, by the FAA, for Drone testing. Tuesday, January 14, 2014.
"You have to have a job. You have to have a reasonable credit rating and you have to have a down payment and that’s what we are seeing. "
- Perry DiLoreto, CEO DiLoreto Homes, who says that banks are loaning money to homebuyers on a much more normal basis. He said that on one of his projects, 25% were cash buyers. Monday, January 13, 2014.
|First Page||Previous Page||Next Page||Last Page|