Displaying: 17 to 32 of 1917
"It may be more challenging to get them to rally behind the Democratic nominee merely because she is a Democrat."
- Molly Ball, Staff writer for The Atlantic says that young voters and Independent voters but not necessarily reliable Democratic voters are the challenge Hillary Clinton faces, as she tries to unite the Sanders voters into her campaign.
Thursday, June 16, 2016.
"I don’t agree with what the media is doing on either side.
- Amy Tarkanian, Former Republican State Party Chair who wishes the media would just report what Trump and Clinton believe and not give the political spin in favor of either side. And leave it up to the voters to decide.
Wednesday, June 15, 2016.
"If our interest rate environment stays low and the cost of money is cheap I think that people will continue to reward themselves with new cars.
- Don Hamrick, Chapman’s Las Vegas Dodge says that the average age of cars in Nevada is 11 years old and that bodes well for current and future auto sales as the economy improves.
Tuesday, June 14, 2016.
"2/3rds to 3/4ths of youth that abuse prescription drugs just use whatever they can get for free.
- Stacy Ward, Drug Abuse Prevention Reno Police Department says that kids go to whoever’s medicine cabinet they can and take pills knowing that most people have no idea how much medicine they have, so they don’t miss it.
Monday, June 13, 2016.
"We’re now receiving new guidelines to restrict use or to help patients to ween off of those medications.
- Dr. Reka Danko, Chief Medical Officer Northern Nevada Hopes who says in the past the focus was the treatment of pain but not now, due to the opioid crisis in this country.
Thursday, May 26, 2016.
"We consume 60% of all the manufactured drugs in the world.
- Dr. Larry Pinson Executive Secretary, Nevada State Board of Pharmacy who says, in addition, we in the USA consume an astonishing 80% of the manufactured opioids in the world.
Wednesday, May 25, 2016.
"The difference is that if Donald Trump fails, he fails with his own money.
- Mendy Elliot Partner, Capital Partners says the only difference between a politician and Trump is that the politician spends our money. She also makes the point that all politicians are salesmen too.
Tuesday, May 24, 2016.
"The American people are going to have to face the fact that over time it’s going to cost billions and billions of dollars to manage this program if left unchecked.
- Attorney Joe Guild points out that there are way too many wild horses on the range and that the BLM numbers are accurate. He says ranchers advocate that the wild horses should be treated the same way the ranchers take care of their cattle. The wild horse advocates disagree.
Monday, May 23, 2016.
"It was the worst hydrology year that we’ve ever had. We actually put more water in the ground than we ever have."
- Mark Foree GM TMWA who says that using excess water in the Truckee River last year enabled the Authority to store a lot more water than one would expect in a major drought year.
Thursday, May 19, 2016.
"I don’t think it takes anybody worthwhile hiring, to find another job in a year.
- State Senator James Settlemeyer remarking on Chancellor Dan Klaich receiving a year’s pay after retiring (normal within the university system contracts). Senator Settlemeyer feels 6 months or at most eight months’ pay is enough security.Wednesday, May 18, 2016.
"The biggest barrier is usually financial."
- Dr. Seah Lehman explaining why he is in favor of Medicare for all. He’s says that Obamacare is insurance but not health care.
Tuesday, May 17, 2016.
"They were saying, “Don’t get your hopes up that we’re going to have a huge amount of new revenue”.
- Sean Whaley, political reporter LVRJ explains how state Medicaid funding is going to grow and that will eat up a lot of the increases in revenue driven by the recovery in Nevada.
Monday, May 16, 2016.
"The (Health Insurance) Exchange did not work out the way we thought it would.
- Assemblywomen Teresa Benitez-Thompson says that you just better plan for that $6,000 or if you have a family, $12,000, on top of the payments people already pay for health insurance, until they reach their deductible. Ms. Benitez-Thompson says that health insurance and Medicaid funding will be top priorities at the next Legislative session.Thursday, May 12, 2016.
"They are holding on by a thread and they could easily go out.
- Eric Herzik Professor of Political Science UNR referring to what he calls the accidental Assembly people who could lose their seats if Conservatives stay home on Election Day.
Wednesday, May 11, 2016.
"Just the fact that we could not get anyone to sponsor or hold Donald Trump’s feet to the fire for a final debate, a head to head, of these two large figures in this Republican Primary, certainly didn’t help us at all.
- Robert Uithoven J3 Strategies added that John Kasich hanging in there was a major assist to Trump. Mr. Uithoven represented Ted Cruz during the primaries.
Tuesday, May 10, 2016.
"The typical age of a heroin user is between 19 and 23 years old and that’s really scary to me.
- Reno Deputy Police Chief Mac Venzon, who agrees that prescription drugs are bigger gateway drugs than marijuana. That goes along with the opioid crisis that is racking the USA and causing the boom in heroin use once people can longer get or afford their opioid medicines.Monday, May 09, 2016.