Quote of the DayDisplaying: 17 to 32 of 1501 "Two states, the Federal Government, every institution, every business interest, all of the local governments, public citizens all came together around this common vision. "
- Joanne Marchetta, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, decrying a small group of activists from the Sierra Club’s lawsuit against the current regional plan, that will allow development after years of stagnation, in the Lake Tahoe Basin.Wednesday, October 30, 2013.
"It’s going to cost you for what you spent on that. "
- Dick Gammick, Washoe County DA, acknowledging that Las Vegans are going to use the extension of I-580 in Northern Nevada, that runs on the side of a mountain instead of a less costly route through a valley, as a lever to keep more road fund spending in Southern Nevada.Tuesday, October 29, 2013.
"I think there’s going to be a great temptation to inflate our way out of the debt crisis. There is really no other solution. "
- TY Cobb, Former Special Assistant to President Reagan, responding to published reports that suggest inflation in our economy might be the way of the near future. Monday, October 28, 2013.
"I don’t think Republicans, in the state, want to be embarrassed in 2016, the way they were in 2012, with the Presidential Caucuses. "
- Anjeanette Damon blowing past 2014, which she considers to be a good year for Republicans. Thursday, October 24, 2013.
"Those states that have done it, particularly Nevada, certainly look better than where the Feds are right now. "
- Michael Hillerby, Keampfer Crowell, with praise for Governor Sandoval and the Silver State Health Insurance Exchange which puts Obamacare strictly within the states purview. Wednesday, October 23, 2013.
"Mark Siegel just put up a 525,000 ft spec building and he started it a couple of months ago. As of yesterday it’s fully leased. "
- Lance Gilman, Partner Broker Tahoe Reno Tahoe Industrial Center, noting that his industrial center is tracking Steve Hill’s recent comments that all the industrial space in Nevada has been absorbed.Tuesday, October 22, 2013.
"The best of times and the worst of times co-existing. "
- Alan Stavitsky, Dean of the Reynolds School of Journalism, as he views the demise of some news organizations and the growth of new media like Twitter. Thursday, October 17, 2013.
"I wouldn’t be in the race if I wasn’t prepared to go through that again. "
- Sue Lowden, candidate for Lt. Governor, acknowledging that her race will likely turn pretty ugly and expensive as it was when she ran in the 2010 Primary race for the right to challenge Harry Reid. She lost to Sharron Angle.Wednesday, October 16, 2013.
"Guess what, Reno is still here and Bear Stearns has disappeared. "
- Carlton Geer, Managing Partner Global Gaming and Hospitality, who remembers back in 1996 Bear Stearns (investment company) made the point that Reno Sparks would disappear as a gaming market, creating a local crisis of confidence. Now Mr. Geer’s company has purchased the local icon, John Ascuaga's Nugget.Tuesday, October 15, 2013.
"Nobody has questioned the need so the issue has been around the process. "
- Washoe County School District Superintendent Pedro Martinez continues the struggle to get the Washoe County Commission to approve the school tax before time runs out. Monday, October 14, 2013.
"We are a much better nation, than you could tell we are, from our government."
- Paul Enos, Nevada Trucking Association, voicing the opinion of many regarding the shutting down of the government and the battle over the debt ceiling. Thursday, October 10, 2013.
"Last year 75% of the folks thought that they would celebrate Halloween, that’s down to 65% this year. "
- Bryan Wachter, Retail Association of Nevada, who says these numbers are a direct reflection of lack of consumer confidence in the marketplace. Wednesday, October 09, 2013.
"It’s going to be a long tough road for Sue but it makes this primary a lot more interesting. "
- Attorney John Sande lV, discussing the Lt. Governor’s race now that former State Senator Sue Lowden has chosen to take on Governor Sandoval’s choice, State Senator Mark Hutchison. Tuesday, October 08, 2013.
"When Detroit filed bankruptcy, the city of Detroit, they filed bankruptcy with 18 Billion. Caesar’s has 23.5 billion (of debt). "
- Howard Stutz, Gaming Correspondent Las Vegas Review-Journal, discussing the refinancing of some of Caesars Entertainment’s massive debt, using the Octavius Tower of Caesars Palace and the Linq Project which is under construction, as collateral. Monday, October 07, 2013.
"I wouldn’t be sold that this Governor is already planning his (US) Senate race."
- Billy Vassiliadis CEO, R & R Partners, who feels that Governor Sandoval has many opportunities on the national stage that might make a challenge to Harry Reid less likely.Thursday, October 03, 2013.
"Had I been the judge, I don’t think I would have sentenced him to anything. He’s got a lifetime sentence now, for the rest of his life. Every time he says hello to somebody he’s gonna wonder what they think and what they say."
- Jim Rogers, Owner Intermountain West Media, discussing the two year jail sentence and fine meted out to developer Harvey Whittemore. Wednesday, October 02, 2013.
|First Page||Previous Page||Next Page||Last Page|