Displaying: 17 to 32 of 1981
"We’re opening in 17/18 an on-line high school option for those students that live outside the state."
- Colleen Harsin, Academy Director, Davidson Academy for profoundly gifted students, looking at a dramatic increase in paid tuition enrollment for students and their families that can’t move to Nevada to take advantage of the free in-state tuition. Thursday, January 12, 2017.
"How much they preached bi-partisanship."
- Assemblywoman Jill Tolles, Nevada District 25 who just finished legislative orientation ahead of her first session. Former legislators help with the orientation, and Ms. Tolles was surprised at this particular aspect.Wednesday, January 11, 2017.
"Lobbyists aren’t doing their job. They haven’t given me any money."
- Mary Lau President and CEO Retail Association of Nevada says the Association has had mid-term state legislators approach them for funding two years before they are even running for re-election. Ms. Lau says it’s out of control.Tuesday, January 10, 2017.
"If you look at the monetization of the public relations and the free media he got, he probably outspent Hillary Clinton.
- Randi Thompson Political Analyst who says that Donald Trump is a media master.
Monday, January 09, 2017.
"They generally tend to be less hawkish than those who have not served, like Donald Trump.
- Ty Cobb Former Special Assistant to President Reagan discussing the generals that President Elect Trump has nominated, especially his pick for Secretary of Defense.Thursday, December 22, 2016.
"America seems to have ceded its position of international leadership.
- Jill Derby Former Democratic State Party Chair who while still mostly supportive of President Obama, feels that we could have done more to help the Syrian rebels. Taking out Assad’s air force, for example.Wednesday, December 21, 2016.
"I talk about my accomplishments a lot but I also have to talk about my failures and my struggles.
- Russell Lehman, Autism Awareness Advocate who says he has to talk about both sides of his life with autism so people have a true understanding of what it is like, including success as well as public meltdowns.Tuesday, December 20, 2016.
"I’m glad I haven’t hurt my back doing cartwheels.
- Sam Kumar, former Washoe County Republican Chair who is overjoyed by the decisions of the President Elect regarding cabinet positions.
Monday, December 19, 2016.
"I don’t know how that would happen.
- Nevada Insurance Commissioner Barbara Richardson saying that people shouldn’t be concerned that Obamacare is going to disappear on Jan 21 2017. The only problem she can see in the short term would be if the funding were cut. She does not see that happening.Thursday, December 15, 2016.
"It should be in writing. It should be included in your employee handbook and everyone should probably sign off that they have read it and they understand it."
- Valerie Clark, Clark and Associates with advice for employers that they need to have a plan to deal with the ramifications of recreational marijuana. Attorneys and HR people should help write the policy for businesses.Wednesday, December 14, 2016.
"To me they are two different worlds and I don’t like them when they mix.
- Fred Lokken, Political Science Professor TMCC showing concern over President Elect Trump’s choice of Exxon Mobile’s CEO Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State. Lokken feels that running government like a business has a checkered past.Tuesday, December 13, 2016.
"Hiring the best people and getting out of the way.
- Mary Lau, President and CEO Retail Association of Nevada quoting the President Elect from his book the Art of the Deal. She feels that Trump is doing exactly what he promised during the campaign, as regards his cabinet.Monday, December 12, 2016.
"It can become real difficult if we don’t have cooperation from undocumented immigrants in our cases because we need them to prove it. We need them to keep our streets safe."
- Chris Hicks Washoe County District Attorney speaking about how important the relationship is between undocumented witnesses and victims of crimes and the DA’s office. A tough anti-undocumented immigrant congressional action could upset that relationship.Thursday, December 08, 2016.
"How many times can this get us? Let’s fix it."
- Angie Taylor President Washoe County School Board talking about how many steps the board has taken to not fall afoul of the open meeting law. This includes hiring former deputy AG Neil Rombardo.Wednesday, December 07, 2016.
"If you are injured because you were impaired, then it is going to affect your workers comp claim just as it would if you were impaired because of alcohol.
- Ann Morgan Attorney Fennemore Craig analogizing what might be the legal position if you were impaired even by medical marijuana as regards your workers comp claim.Tuesday, December 06, 2016.
"They’re (Tesla) about a thousand short of the people they said they would hire. It’s a beautiful day.
Faraday has moved dirt. They don’t have any money. It’s a beautiful day.
Next, we’re going to have the stadium, which it implodes, this hasn’t happened yet. It will implode and the Raiders will stay in Oakland and the Governor will say it’s a beautiful day."
- Dan Schwartz, Nevada State Treasurer who says he doesn’t understand Governor Sandoval’s optimism in the face of the reality of these projects.
Monday, December 05, 2016.