Displaying: 17 to 32 of 1948
"Why hurt the guy that needs a wheel chair?
- Attorney Joe Guild on why you should vote yes for Question 4, the medical equipment sales and use tax emption.
Thursday, October 27, 2016.
"I’m confused. I don’t understand. I don’t know what’s going on.
- Mike Hillerby, Kaempher Crowell who says most people who talk to him about the election are so disgusted that they are likely to vote no on most of the ballot questions because they don’t understand the issues.Wednesday, October 26, 2016.
"I like Megyn Kelly but it’s hard to turn that channel to Fox
- Marlene Lockard, former Chief of Staff to Governor Bryan not buying the idea that Fox News is trying to attract Democrats to be viewers of their network.
Tuesday, October 25, 2016.
"Politics makes people emotional. Who knows?
- Danny Thompson AFL-CIO decrying Donald Trump for claiming the election is rigged and keeping the public in suspense as to whether he would accept the results and Mr. Thompson feels that could trigger an emotional response from all sides.Monday, October 24, 2016.
"In that specific situation the answer is yes"
- State Senator Julia Ratti responding to the statement that the new room tax for the potential Raiders Stadium is not just a tax on tourist but also applies to lower income people who use weekly rentals. This is part of the reason that Senator Ratti chose not to support the bill.Thursday, October 20, 2016.
"They knew it but they kept their mouths shut.
- UNR Economics Professor Tom Cargill says that if the government regulators are so smart and watching the (banking) system why did they allow this to go on. Professor Cargill says the Clinton, Bush and Obama administrations along with the Congress and the Federal Reserve were all responsible for the banking crises that led to the great recession. He says it wasn’t the bankers that should have been put in jail.Wednesday, October 19, 2016.
"We’ve had bad elections throughout American history. I don’t think they’ve ever reached this level.
- Professor of Political Science Fred Lokken says he finds a multi billionaire being your champion for reform to be a little bit more than laughable.
Tuesday, October 18, 2016.
"There’s a fast freight coming down the tracks and that wouldn’t help the progress of that freight so the people pushing this have no interest in, pardon the pun, in discussing that."
- Ron Knecht Nevada State Controller responding to Las Vegas City Councilman Bob Beers comments on the fact that in addition to the $750 million dollars pledged by the State to the new Raiders Stadium, there would also be close to a billion dollars in interest, to be paid over 30 years.Monday, October 17, 2016.
"It’s as ludicrous as saying repeal and replace Medicare or the Veteran’s Health Care Administration."
- Dr. John Packham Director Health Policy Research on the idea that you can repeal and replace Obamacare. He is surprised that there has been basically no discussion of health policy issues in the 2016 Presidential campaigns.Thursday, October 13, 2016.
"When somebody comes out of nowhere and just takes over a party, it’s the Wendell Willkie Syndrome, you don’t know what you’re getting.
- Dennis Myers, News Editor, Reno News and Review, referring to Donald Trump running his campaign, in the early stages, with a small staff and he wrote checks. He expected the RNC to provide a campaign and financing.Wednesday, October 12, 2016.
"I cry for my democracy then. This is not what was intended I don’t think."
- Fred Lokken Professor of Political Science TMCC comparing the current political campaigns to cage matches.Tuesday, October 11, 2016.
"I don’t think it’s a shock to hear that I’m supporting my party’s nominee."
- Congressman Mark Amodei who now heads up the Trump campaign in Nevada after supporting two other presidential candidates before Trump received the nomination of the party.
Thursday, October 06, 2016.
"If I was that reporter getting something in the mail like that, that would make my day, that’s for sure.
- Sean Whaley, Las Vegas Review-Journal, discussing the NY Times business reporter who found three pages of Donald Trump’s 1995 tax return in her mail box.
Wednesday, October 05, 2016.
"If it’s in place who else comes?
- Washoe County Commissioner Marsha Berkbigler who says that if the Governors’ special session approves the Clark County room tax increase but the Raiders don’t come???
Tuesday, October 04, 2016.
"Las Vegas has been resettling refugees for the past 35 years.
- Carina Black Ex Director, Northern Nevada International Center discussing the realities of what has been happening with refugees for decades in the US. Currently she is helping families from the Democratic Republic of the Congo along with Kurdish families. The vetting process takes years.Monday, October 03, 2016.
"Of all the police forces to be attacked when it really represents the strides that have been made since (19)68 to diversify the force.
- Jill Derby reflecting on the Dallas police shootings and how prevalent racial profiling continues to be and how the public is now very aware of it.
Thursday, July 21, 2016.