Displaying: 17 to 32 of 1881
"What’s frightening is when you have an executive, a President who gets frustrated by the difficulty of passing legislation and enacting law and goes and just does it through executive order. And it’s lawless.
- Robert Uithoven Principal J3 Strategies who says executives fight for the executive branch and they always have but he is concerned at the rate of the executive orders. Mr. Uithoven represents Senator Ted Cruz in Nevada.
Thursday, March 17, 2016.
"Reagan gave us hope back in the eighties and that inspired us. Right now we don’t have any leaders that are inspiring us. They’re angry and they’re just as angry as we are.
- Randi Thompson Political Analyst, says that Trump is tapping into that anger.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016.
"Those plans really threaten the ability to maintain multiple uses on our public lands.
- Jeff Fontaine Executive Director, Nevada Association of Counties who says that the new rules issued by the BLM after the decision not to list the sage grouse affect the heart of the economy in rural Nevada including grazing mining and renewable energy.Tuesday, March 15, 2016.
"My issues are not her issues."
- Marlene Lockhard, Partner The Lockhard Group, reflecting on the fact that young democratic women see jobs and the economy as the big issues. Traditional issues like women’s reproductive health don’t even get a mention.
Monday, March 14, 2016.
"To start with this defense that “I’m not going to show up to the meeting my boss’s called.” Just amazing, I’ve never seen anything like it.
- Mike Hillerby Director of Legislative Affairs, Kaempher Crowell, referring to the no show by the Taxi Cab Authority before the Internal Audits Committee, which is composed of all the constitutional officers. The Authority had received a scathing audit.Thursday, March 10, 2016.
"It’s like promising for everything in the candy store and you don’t have to pay for it.
- Fred Lokken Professor of Political Science TMCC on the unlikely candidacy of Democratic Socialist Bernie Sanders.
Wednesday, March 09, 2016.
"I would put Russia and Venezuela at the top of those lists that threaten their national viability
- Ty Cobb Former Special Assistant to President Reagan for national security who says those countries are facing enormous financial constraints due to the low price of oil.
Tuesday, March 08, 2016.
"How long do general ratepayers that do not have solar PV in their house continue, in essence, subsidize the cost of solar?
- Andrew MacKay Executive Director NV Franchise Auto Dealers Association says that’s the million dollar question.
Monday, March 07, 2016.
"We probably shouldn’t repeal all of the aspects of Obamacare."
- Former Assemblyman Pat Hickey says some of the things in Obamacare have been helpful and Republicans would agree with some elements of it.
Thursday, March 03, 2016.
"That’s so corporate. I’m waiting for them to eat McDonalds in it and drink Coca Cola.
- Ray Hagar discussing the latest Star Wars movie and how Hollywood has changed from the Golden Era, with entertainment critic Howard Rosenberg.
Wednesday, March 02, 2016.
"It seems to be the meat grinder for CEO’s
- Bob Lucey Chairman of the Reno Sparks Convention Authority discussing yet another CEO, Chris Baum, who was terminated in Lucey’s first nine months on the job
Tuesday, March 01, 2016.
"The governance of this country is gone and we’re now in everybody’s business, in the country.
- Mary Lau President and CEO Retail Association of Nevada who says the government should get out of social issues and deal with the real issues like infrastructure and the protection of the public.Monday, February 29, 2016.
"Maybe one country, two governments."
- Xiaoyu Pu, Assistant Professor of Political Science UNR, who thinks that Taiwan and China will not be reunited under the same formula as Hong Kong and Macau. He thinks the solution will have to be more creative.Thursday, February 25, 2016.
"Elon Musk has already purchased one apartment building to house his employees.
- Marsha Berkbigler, Washoe County Commission who sees a growth in Marriott type hotels along with purchases like Mr. Musk’s in Reno as this boom is taking flight.
Wednesday, February 24, 2016.
"They turned the party over to him and he drove it off a cliff.
- Eric Herzik Political Science Professor, UNR who says that Barry Goldwater not Ronald Reagan was the father of the Tea Party.
Tuesday, February 23, 2016.
"A lot of people were very disappointed and felt betrayed so they are looking for other options.
- Jennifer Terhune candidate for AD 25 who says a lot of people are upset about the Commerce Tax and she feels that will help her in her upstart campaign against the establishment choice.
Monday, February 22, 2016.