Quote of the DayDisplaying: 17 to 32 of 1738 "Maybe taking the cap off entirely scares people. So do another baby step, double it. "
- Susan Fisher VP Government Affairs, McDonald Carano Wilson who says that the cap for solar energy should go to 6% from 3% and then come back in a couple of years and see where we are.Thursday, April 23, 2015.
"Most of the money that Congressman Hardy has raised to this day is from Super PACs and from the Koch brothers, who are trying to buy America. "
- State Senator Ruben Kihuen who says he is sending a message to the Congressman and the Koch brothers that the people own America. Wednesday, April 22, 2015.
"If the Governor directs the Attorney General to file a lawsuit then the Attorney General has to file a lawsuit. "
- Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt saying the only reason not to, would be a serious constitutional reason not to. The previous Attorney General did not share that opinion.Monday, April 20, 2015.
"As the largest employer they also have the largest amount of kids in the system as well. "
- Derek Armstrong, Chairman of Assembly Taxation explaining why perhaps Gaming should pay more because if the money is going to education they would benefit too. Thursday, April 16, 2015.
"You have no idea how well we are getting along and how well we are talking. "
- Assemblyman Jim Wheeler who says despite some contention, the Republican Assembly Caucus is getting things done including reforming PERS, prevailing wage and construction defects. Wednesday, April 15, 2015.
"On balance, after I considered it, I thought, we probably don’t need it and it may cause more harm than good. "
- Assemblyman Erv Nelson on why he voluntarily withdrew AB 277, a religious freedom bill similar to the ones in Indiana and Arkansas that caused so much political blowback.Tuesday, April 14, 2015.
"The law allows them to leave. The issue is how much money they have to pony up to exit the market. "
- Sean Whaley, Las Vegas Review-Journal, discussing Switch’s application to leave NV Energy and purchase their power on the open market. The PUC has to make a decision in the public interest that would financially recover any costs from infrastructure or Purchase Power agreements that have been previously struck.Monday, April 13, 2015.
"I signed on to Assemblyman Wheeler’s and Controller Knecht’s plan."
- Assemblywoman Dr. Robin Titus who says their tax plan can still see growth and that it’s a balanced budget.Thursday, April 09, 2015.
"Texting while driving."
- David Pogue, Technology Correspondents Nova PBS when asked what keeps him up at night, the danger of someone killing him because they were texting while driving.Wednesday, April 08, 2015.
"Some of the studies have suggested that somewhere closer to around $10 may be good."
- State Senator Pat Spearman while not saying that $15 should be the minimum wage, she says $7 and $8 is not a livable wage.Tuesday, April 07, 2015.
"The process they must go through would be to petition their physician over a period of time, a minimum of two weeks apart, to request the prescription for the medication that would terminate their lives."
- State Senator David Parks discussing SB 336, his Death with Dignity bill. The lethal medication would have to be self-medicated.Monday, April 06, 2015.
"50% of all insurance plans discriminate, in some way, against a mental illness prescription or treatment plan. "
- Robin Reedy Western Nevada, NAMI who says despite the passing of Obamacare this discrimination continues. Thursday, April 02, 2015.
"Yes, but you’ll never bet. You’ll just be sitting there waiting to bet and then grabbing on something to munch on. "
- Mary Lau CEO/President Retail Association of Nevada disagreeing with Senator Segerblom’s contention that recreational marijuana in Nevada will be a boon for tourism and gaming in Nevada.Wednesday, April 01, 2015.
"It shouldn’t be a flippant offhand comment close to five o'clock on a Friday afternoon. "
- Assemblywoman Teresa Benitez- Thompson who says that if Michelle Fiore wants to follow on with a bill regarding castration as a punishment for sex trafficking, it should be given a full hearing, including all consequences.Tuesday, March 31, 2015.
"If you really want to get serious about stopping the pimps and stopping this horrific activity with sex trafficking our children, come to us legislators with a bill for chemical castration or straight up castration."
- Assemblywoman Michelle Fiore who says pimps would understand that this is going to cost them their most valued possession. Monday, March 30, 2015.
"Well they certainly didn’t want to be in court. Harvey didn’t care about being in court but they didn’t want to be. "
- Dominic Gentile, Attorney, Gentile, Cristalli and Miller recounting the battle between Harvey Whittemore and his former partners Thomas and Albert Seeno. In the end, according to Mr. Gentile, Harvey walked away with some money.Friday, March 27, 2015.
|First Page||Previous Page||Next Page||Last Page|