Quote of the DayDisplaying: 1 to 16 of 1679 "It harkens to such a divided America. "
- Fred Lokken, Professor of Political Science TMCC says 43 states are solidly blue or solidly red and Nevada is one of seven swing states that clearly drove the 2012 election cycle and will be in that spot again in 2016.Thursday, January 22, 2015.
"My friend Dale has been very cognizant of, and will be part of the Governor's ultimate package. "
- Steve Robinson Senior Advisor R & R Partners describing School Superintendents Dale Erquiaga’s role in providing accountability for the Governor's education plan Wednesday, January 21, 2015.
"Never underestimate the power of the Governor’s position. "
- Marlene Lockard, partner The Lockard Group who says that if the Assembly Republicans go against the Governor, their chances of getting their own Legislation passed is virtually nil.Tuesday, January 20, 2015.
"They do business with the 1000 largest corporations on the globe. "
- Lance Gilman, Partner Broker, Tahoe Reno Industrial Center describing Switch as follows, "They store the secrets and the information of the world." Monday, January 19, 2015.
"That has not been the job killer that many critics thought."
- Sean Whaley Las Vegas Review Journal discussing the current payroll tax. Prior to the Governor’s State of the State speech. Thursday, January 15, 2015.
"It’s a practical approach toward teaching children that’s almost like step therapy. You don’t start learning this until you’ve learned that. "
- Mary Lau President Retail Association of Nevada, who says that Common Core is common sense. Wednesday, January 14, 2015.
"There’s probably a dent in the ceiling, in my office, when I heard that it got passed. "
- Tim Dyer Nevada Copper noting his euphoria upon hearing the Nevada Lands bill had passed. The bill brings huge benefits to this copper mine. The company is now on its way to a billion dollars of funding. Tuesday, January 13, 2015.
"The key is not who’s there but what they’re saying. "
- Dan Klaich Chancellor NSHE responding to the question of who will represent NSHE at the Legislature. The Chancellor expects he and his Presidents will all represent NSHE at one point or another. There will not be a single voice but a joint effort to inform the legislators on the needs of the system.Monday, January 12, 2015.
"It’s going to be 7, 8, 10 years before we see a huge upswing in capacity in a number of areas."
- Thomas Schwenk, Dean UNR School Medicine referring to how long it will take to get medical residents trained and in place in Nevada. He said the sad part is we should have been expanding residencies ten years ago. Thursday, January 08, 2015.
"In a state like Nevada where we only meet for five months every two years and the rest of the time, virtually, is spent campaigning, I think we need a little bit of a time out when we get to Carson City. "
- Assemblyman Pat Hickey saying the difference between campaigning and governing is disappearing in Nevada. Wednesday, January 07, 2015.
"If 2% or 3% of those folks overstay their visa that number could greatly eclipse the numbers that are reportedly coming across our southern border of the United States. "
- Rick Eaton former Director of NV Homeland Security who says that we admit, through our ports of entry, a number equal to the population of the United States and that over stays are of much greater concern than the number of people who illegally cross the southern border.Tuesday, January 06, 2015.
"If that doesn’t settle out somewhat, every day is just going to be, what’s going to happen today at the Legislature. "
- Marlene Lockard, The Lockard Group referring to the disastrous Assembly Republican Caucus behavior since election day. Monday, January 05, 2015.
"Oh heck no!!! "
- Randi Thompson Political Analyst, in answer to the question as to whether the President will work with Republicans in his remaining two years, to get some things done. She says Congress is as dysfunctional as our own Nevada Legislature. Thursday, December 18, 2014.
"Having people insured is a good thing. Having them be able to adequately access the appropriate level of care is something that’s entirely different. "
- State Senator Ben Kieckhefer who says we need to continue getting more doctors into Nevada as well as expanding residency programs in both Las Vegas and Reno. Wednesday, December 17, 2014.
"We already have a fully licensed dispensary system that is tightly regulated. It’s called pharmacies. "
- Andrew Barbano-Editor NevadaLabor.com who asks the question “Why do we need medical marijuana dispensaries when you’ve got drug stores”. Tuesday, December 16, 2014.
"6.3 Billion For the 16/17 Biennium is excluding sunsets. "
- Mike Willden Chief of Staff to Governor Sandoval, who points out that legally the Economic Forum are not allowed to forecast taxes that are not lawfully allowed to go forward. Monday, December 15, 2014.
|Next Page||Last Page|