Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2603
"I don’t even know how to describe how mortified I was by that."
- John Oceguera, Former Speaker of the Nevada Assembly, Strategies 360 on the events of Jan 6, 2021. He went on to describe what he told new members of the Legislature in regard to the Legislative building. He said “You need to respect this building like it’s a church. Important things happen here, and we need to have that kind of decorum.” - Friday, January 15, 2021.
"And now in hindsight ... it was your rally, and they went to the Capitol after that and this happened, so, your words ... It is fair to say, 'You had a piece of this. I'm sorry, but you had a piece of this.' Now did he tell them to go up there and basically trash the building and result in the deaths of multiple people? Obviously not."
- Congressman Mark Amodei CD 2 with more comments on the events of Jan 6, 2021 - Thursday, January 14, 2021.
"When you look at everything through a political lens, of course. This is all on you. Well, guess what? He's got responsibility there."
- Congressman Mark Amodei CD 2 making the point that Donald Trump bears responsibility for what occurred in the Capitol on Jan 6, 2021. - Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
"In the State of Nevada nothing is funded very well, honestly."
- Andrew Clinger, CFO, Nevada System of Higher Education says that once you’ve gone through the one shots in the state budget, all of those cuts are very painful. Mr. Clinger dealt with this during the budget crisis in 2007 - Tuesday, January 12, 2021.
"That we will see quicker action on a stimulus package that really does what it needs to do which is stabilize state and local governments."
- State Senator Julia Ratti District 13 (D) Sparks hopes have come true with Democrats taking over the US Senate. She feels that will help Nevadans to not lose critical services on a state and local level. - Friday, January 8, 2021.
"We believe that Southwest Gas is still part of the solution."
- Scott Leedom, Director of Public Affairs, Southwest Gas commenting on the Nevada Climate Blueprint that removes natural gas from the clean energy mix in the future. Southwest Gas currently has 750,000 natural gas customers in the state. - Thursday, January 7, 2021.
"The tidal wave of immigration from California is on."
- Par Tolles, Tolles Development Company, reports that last year there were 770 homes available in December, in Washoe County. There are currently only 270 homes available. And this is just the beginning of the wave. - Wednesday, January 6, 2021.
"Every state will benefit if the Democrats hold the Senate."
- Randi Thompson, Nevada State Director, National Federation of Independent Business says that Majority Leader Schumer and Speaker Pelosi have promised the states big bailouts due to this US Senate victory, including Nevada. - Tuesday, January 5, 2021.
"The more bucks you’ve got in the bank, there’s some kind of unspoken clout that you have there."
- Kyle Roerink, Executive Director, Great Basin Water Network reflecting on the never-ending fundraising by both parties, even on election day. - Friday, January 1, 2021.
"It’s not impossible if we see the right levels and the right distribution of growth. But it’s difficult"
- Cheryl Blomstrom, Political Consultant discusses the point that the national debt can be paid down at some point in time. It did happen at the end of the Clinton administration. - Thursday, December 31, 2020.
"If you don’t have proof that something went wrong then we close the books and we move on."
- Josh Hicks, Partner, McDonald Carano says that in every election there are always lawyers standing by in case of any problems with the result, as we saw in the County Commission race in Clark, Anthony vs Miller. In this cycle, the questions were much higher profile because of the Presidential race. - Wednesday, December 30, 2020.
"If we shut down the Strip that’s a potential disaster."
- Tick Segerblom, Clark County Commissioner, District E praising Governor Sisolak for the tightrope he’s walking as regards keeping gaming in business, at this point, in the pandemic. - Tuesday, December 29, 2020.
"History will treat him more kindly than the present has."
- Pat Hickey, Sunday Columnist, Reno Gazette Journal says that policy wise President Trump has achieved a lot. - Friday, December 25, 2020.
"I’m not going to be going down without a big fight."
- Abbi Whitaker, The Abbi Agency says that when Covid hit and took her tourism-based business with it, she pivoted to Healthcare and High Tech to not only replace but grow her business. She now has offices in Reno, Las Vegas, New York and London. - Thursday, December 24, 2020.
"How do we expand that to make sure it’s happening across the whole state."
- Ryann Juden, City Manager, City of North Las Vegas says there was nothing wrong with the tax abatements that occurred in Northern Nevada. He wants to see more of the same for Southern Nevada to make it more equitable for taxpayers statewide. - Wednesday, December 23, 2020.
"After the (special) session, we expect local governments to use those same tools that might have been created for a Faraday or a Tesla and try to use them to attract other economic opportunities to the state."
- Ryann Juden, City Manager, City of North Las Vegas says that while special sessions work for the marquee names they don’t work, in practice, for other business, the state or local governments would like to attract. He also says special sessions are no place to craft general economic tools. A one- or two-day session isn’t enough time. - Tuesday, December 22, 2020.