Quote of the DayDisplaying: 1 to 16 of 1643 "Boomers are about 77 million. These folks represent about 79 to 80 million so by sheer numbers it’s a big group. "
- Claudia Vecchio, NV Department of Tourism and Cultural Affairs, who explains why Millennials are a big target of the tourism industry these days. Thursday, October 16, 2014.
"20 cents sounds like a lot but it would cost the average driver two dollars a week. "
- Paul Enos, Nevada Trucking Association, who says that the federal gas tax could be raised for the first time in years and most drivers wouldn’t even notice it. That money put into infrastructure would be huge.Wednesday, October 15, 2014.
"Like Mike Huckabee said “Don’t listen to what the Supreme Court has to say about this. Let’s let Congress handle it”. "
- Sean Cary, Political Commentator, who says that marriage equality, is going to happen in the state of Nevada and that it’s not going to be stopped. And that people should stop hiding behind an archaic judicial system.Tuesday, October 14, 2014.
"I thought it was a little over the line for the Gazette when they printed their editorial, they had a right to have that editorial about the trustees resigning but it was on top of the fold, front page at the very top, almost like a story. I think they almost crossed over from opining on the news to making it their opinion as part of the news."
- Tray Abney, The Chamber voicing a concern about the Reno Gazette Journal’s ongoing war with most of the board of trustees of the Washoe County School Board. Thursday, October 02, 2014.
"It’s also the after-hours. We offer this service 24/7 365 so it’s very accessible at all hours. "
- Dr. Eugene Somphone, Medical Director, Southwest Medical who says telemedicine is now available to anyone who has a smartphone or any other internet connected device. It's not just for rural Nevada, but for city dwellers too. Wednesday, October 01, 2014.
"I am a person who believes that local government ought to solve local problems and issues. "
- State Senator Mark Hutchison rebutting Assemblywoman Lucy Flores attack that he didn’t support a bill in the Legislature that would have given funding to the Washoe County School District. Instead, it left the decision to the Washoe County Commission that chose not to act.Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
"I am really positive that it’s going to happen right after November 12th. I have all the confidence in the world that Senators’ Reid and Heller are going to push this through. "
- Mayor George Dini discussing the Yerington Land Transfer bill, that has passed the House and is now pending in the US Senate. Mayor Dini says he’s quite happy with where things are right now. Monday, September 29, 2014.
"I was the only one who wasn’t signed to a non-disclosure agreement. "
- Ray Bacon, NV Manufacturers Association on how he ended up being quoted around the world regarding the Tesla deal in Nevada. Thursday, September 25, 2014.
"Propaganda is propaganda regardless of how you get it out there. Social media, unfortunately, is a much more effective way of getting your propaganda message out there. "
- Dan Mason Newstalk 780 KOH discussing the Islamic States’ ability to shock the world with their images, including beheadings, via social media. Wednesday, September 24, 2014.
"It’s global in reach. And it’s getting more intense than less. "
- Lance Gilman Tahoe Reno Industrial Center, who says he started getting a call an hour starting on the day of the Governors’ announcement on the Tesla deal, regarding everything from hotel casino developers to restaurants and other providers of amenities who want in.Tuesday, September 23, 2014.
"So that whole business of “They’re not going to come because we have a terrible education system”. Is the worst bunch of garbage I have ever heard in my life and the person who propounded it should be…taken out…and talked to."
- Howard Rosenberg Washoe County School Board who says that students in Nevada receive” a damn good education”. Tuesday, September 23, 2014.
"We send them guns and we send them gang members and they send us children. "
- Congresswoman Dina Titus CD 1, referring to the situation along the border with Mexico. She says a lot of this is about drugs and the US is the market the cartels send the drugs to. Thursday, September 18, 2014.
"If you can provide forty dollars worth of economic activity for one dollar in tax value which is half of what the projection is for these guys. Great! Let’s get you some too. "
- Congressman Mark Amodei CD 2 who says if a company can give a 40 to 1 return on investment they should get the same deal as Tesla, in terms of subsidies. Wednesday, September 17, 2014.
"Can you imagine having a hundred dollar investment and a return over a year, of eight thousand dollars? "
- US Senator Dean Heller who says he agrees with Governor Sandoval on the benefits extended to Tesla. The Senator asks who would turn that down. Tuesday, September 16, 2014.
"Clearly this is a project we didn’t have before so those are revenues we didn’t have. "
- Congressman Steven Horsford CD 4 who is excited to see Tesla bring jobs to an area that badly needs them and in a sector the state is trying to grow. But he also is concerned to see that education funding doesn’t suffer as a result of the tax abatements.Monday, September 15, 2014.
"Metro in Southern Nevada uses about 80% of the equipment that they get to use for helicopters and rescues of people who have been hiking or stranded by floods. We don’t want to take away that ability. "
- Congresswoman Dina Titus CD 1 who says she doesn’t want to turn a community situation into a war zone as regards the ongoing debate regarding surplus military equipment being used by local police forces. Thursday, August 28, 2014.
|Next Page||Last Page|