Quote of the DayDisplaying: 1 to 16 of 1632 "We send them guns and we send them gang members and they send us children. "
- Congresswoman Dina Titus CD 1, referring to the situation along the border with Mexico. She says a lot of this is about drugs and the US is the market the cartels send the drugs to. Thursday, September 18, 2014.
"If you can provide forty dollars worth of economic activity for one dollar in tax value which is half of what the projection is for these guys. Great! Let’s get you some too. "
- Congressman Mark Amodei CD 2 who says if a company can give a 40 to 1 return on investment they should get the same deal as Tesla, in terms of subsidies. Wednesday, September 17, 2014.
"Can you imagine having a hundred dollar investment and a return over a year, of eight thousand dollars? "
- US Senator Dean Heller who says he agrees with Governor Sandoval on the benefits extended to Tesla. The Senator asks who would turn that down. Tuesday, September 16, 2014.
"Clearly this is a project we didn’t have before so those are revenues we didn’t have. "
- Congressman Steven Horsford CD 4 who is excited to see Tesla bring jobs to an area that badly needs them and in a sector the state is trying to grow. But he also is concerned to see that education funding doesn’t suffer as a result of the tax abatements.Monday, September 15, 2014.
"Metro in Southern Nevada uses about 80% of the equipment that they get to use for helicopters and rescues of people who have been hiking or stranded by floods. We don’t want to take away that ability. "
- Congresswoman Dina Titus CD 1 who says she doesn’t want to turn a community situation into a war zone as regards the ongoing debate regarding surplus military equipment being used by local police forces. Thursday, August 28, 2014.
"It can see ahead as he’s going around a corner. He can send it ahead so it reduces a lot of dangerous situations. "
- Larry Lambert Vice President Ashima Devices, which is a company that manufactures Frisbee sized UAV’s (drones) that among many uses can assist the police while on patrol, and is moving its manufacturing to Reno while creating 400 high paying jobs.Wednesday, August 27, 2014.
"He had an uphill climb and this is the last thing you need, a weight on your back. "
- UNR Political Science Professor Eric Herzik, on the tale of Adam Laxalt and the leaked documents from his former law firm. Tuesday, August 26, 2014.
"So to sit there and say the program is fine and don’t worry about it and just hope your watch is up before it crashes, is the height of disrespect for the program. "
- Congressman Mark Amodei CD 2 who says, without structural changes social security will be in trouble within 15 years to 20 years. Monday, August 25, 2014.
"Imagine if you’re a parent with a child and you’re stuck in limbo for five years, in such an emotional issue. That, for me, was a significant selling point. "
- Lesley Pittman, Sierra Strategies, helping to make the case of why there is a need for a Court of Appeals in Nevada. Thursday, August 21, 2014.
"If you were to bring that immigration reform bill to the House floor I do believe it would pass. "
- United States Senator Dean Heller feels that most, if not all, of the Nevada Delegation would support some form of comprehensive immigration reform. Wednesday, August 20, 2014.
"It’s not a question of the equipment. It’s what they do with it. And it’s obvious there needs to be more oversight once the equipment is given to somebody. They have to have training procedures to allow them to use it properly. "
- US Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid discussing the use of surplus military equipment being given to local police departments. Some folks are concerned that Ferguson Mo. looked more like a scene from Baghdad Iraq. Tuesday, August 19, 2014.
- Howard Rosenberg Entertainment Critic on what drove Robin Williams maniac persona. He had a fear of failure and this was his way to deal with it. Monday, August 18, 2014.
"When you even come close to getting outside the 4 corners of that document you just stop. They took that thing and ripped it up and stomped on it. Tossed gasoline and threw a match. I think demonstrative of the fact was the people that went and commented particularly the First Lady. I was proud of her."
- Andrew Mackay, Chairman Nevada Transportation Authority discussing the Washoe County School Board of Trustees meeting following their alleged multiple violations of the open meeting law and the comments of the First Lady on how many problems this could cause the school district in terms of future funding.Thursday, July 31, 2014.
"I think that might be a little low."
- Joe Guild Attorney, responding to Mayor Cashell’s comment that this dust up between the Washoe County School Board and the School Superintendent could cost the District 5 million dollars.Wednesday, July 30, 2014.
"From my perspective, this man’s tremendous."
- Washoe County District Attorney Dick Gammick who spoke on behalf of Washoe County School District Superintendent Pedro Martinez, at his most recent evaluation and was stunned by his initial firing.Tuesday, July 29, 2014.
"No, cos I tried to get them to abolish the office."
- Reno Mayor and former Lt. Governor Bob Cashell responds to the question, “Did you ever think the Lt. Governor’s race would be the most high profile race in this election cycle?"Monday, July 28, 2014.
|Next Page||Last Page|