Displaying: 1 to 16 of 1893
"It was the worst hydrology year that we’ve ever had. We actually put more water in the ground than we ever have."
- Mark Foree GM TMWA who says that using excess water in the Truckee River last year enabled the Authority to store a lot more water than one would expect in a major drought year.
Thursday, May 19, 2016.
"I don’t think it takes anybody worthwhile hiring, to find another job in a year.
- State Senator James Settlemeyer remarking on Chancellor Dan Klaich receiving a year’s pay after retiring (normal within the university system contracts). Senator Settlemeyer feels 6 months or at most eight months’ pay is enough security.Wednesday, May 18, 2016.
"The biggest barrier is usually financial."
- Dr. Seah Lehman explaining why he is in favor of Medicare for all. He’s says that Obamacare is insurance but not health care.
Tuesday, May 17, 2016.
"They were saying, “Don’t get your hopes up that we’re going to have a huge amount of new revenue”.
- Sean Whaley, political reporter LVRJ explains how state Medicaid funding is going to grow and that will eat up a lot of the increases in revenue driven by the recovery in Nevada.
Monday, May 16, 2016.
"The (Health Insurance) Exchange did not work out the way we thought it would.
- Assemblywomen Teresa Benitez-Thompson says that you just better plan for that $6,000 or if you have a family, $12,000, on top of the payments people already pay for health insurance, until they reach their deductible. Ms. Benitez-Thompson says that health insurance and Medicaid funding will be top priorities at the next Legislative session.Thursday, May 12, 2016.
"They are holding on by a thread and they could easily go out.
- Eric Herzik Professor of Political Science UNR referring to what he calls the accidental Assembly people who could lose their seats if Conservatives stay home on Election Day.
Wednesday, May 11, 2016.
"Just the fact that we could not get anyone to sponsor or hold Donald Trump’s feet to the fire for a final debate, a head to head, of these two large figures in this Republican Primary, certainly didn’t help us at all.
- Robert Uithoven J3 Strategies added that John Kasich hanging in there was a major assist to Trump. Mr. Uithoven represented Ted Cruz during the primaries.
Tuesday, May 10, 2016.
"The typical age of a heroin user is between 19 and 23 years old and that’s really scary to me.
- Reno Deputy Police Chief Mac Venzon, who agrees that prescription drugs are bigger gateway drugs than marijuana. That goes along with the opioid crisis that is racking the USA and causing the boom in heroin use once people can longer get or afford their opioid medicines.Monday, May 09, 2016.
"Sparks has planned its growth out to be a city of 120,000 people."
- Shaun Carey, former Sparks City Manager says the city is currently at 91,000 people and is likely the first choice for people coming to work at the Tahoe Reno Industrial Center. That said, he feels the park is going to have a five county effect.Thursday, May 05, 2016.
"I was going to support Hillary hoping that would have the same results."
- US Senator Dean Heller, whose support of Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio didn’t work out so well.Wednesday, May 04, 2016.
"I do believe it’s on the market right now."
- I do believe it’s on the market right now
Karen Abowd Carson City Supervisor says the Board of Supervisors has been told that the legendary Ormsby House is up for sale. Former US Senator Paul Laxalt developed the property originally in 1972. The Carson City landmark has been closed since September 2000.Tuesday, May 03, 2016.
"(They) just don’t get the funding they deserve."
- Jill Derby former member of NSHE says that the Board of Regents should give more financially equitable treatment to the community colleges in the state. That is not the case now.Monday, May 02, 2016.
"It’s big business looking to make big money. Somewhat akin to big tobacco
- Pat Hickey, former Assemblyman who says he’s the last one to say that the War on Drugs has been a success but he is firmly against legalized recreational marijuana.
Thursday, April 28, 2016.
"They’re not punishing the School Board they’re punishing children.
- Howard Rosenberg Trustee of the Washoe County School Board is not happy with the reporting and editorials of the Reno Gazette Journal. He says the newspaper twists and turns the facts to make the school board look like a bunch of idiots. In the meantime a bond to help the schools is going to be on the 2016 ballot.Wednesday, April 27, 2016.
"He’s kind of this Lone Wolf Mcquade so to speak.
- Seth Richardson political reporter RGJ, referring to Donald Trump and why the Koch brothers might throw their support to Hillary Clinton because in the end, she might be more friendly to business.
Tuesday, April 26, 2016.
"To make that decision when they could invest in other markets is a real vote of confidence in the Reno Market.
- Richard Wells, Wells Gaming Research says that the Carano family has an obligation to their shareholders to invest in the shareholders interest and therefore buying the half of the Silver Legacy that they didn’t own and all of Circus Circus Reno, is quite a statement.Monday, April 25, 2016.