Quote of the DayDisplaying: 1 to 16 of 1572 "If you go to most of the United States border patrol towns, cities, they talk about the number of people that are working for the cartels or working to facilitate illegal activity. "
- Captain Dave “Roy” Rogers (Rtd)President DRR Strategies LLC, who says a relatively large percentage of US citizens, in these areas, are on the take, with various agencies, to facilitate the illegal activity. Thursday, April 17, 2014.
"It’s kinda like a spoiled child. You give 'em enough attention and they’ll behave that way. If you send them to their room, eventually, they’ll learn they have to behave appropriately to be at the dinner table. "
- Mary Lau President Retail Association of Nevada discussing the Joe Dini years as Speaker when fairness equity and philosophy ruled the day, not partisan politics. Her comment refers to the extreme partisan nature that has come to bear over the past decade.Wednesday, April 16, 2014.
"How do we get the Federal Government to cede these lands back to ownership and management of the State of Nevada? As they have done with all the Eastern States over the course of 200 years. "
- Lesley Pittman, Principal Sierra Strategies pointing out that Congressman Amodei has been working in this direction. These efforts were begun prior to the latest Bundy controversy. Tuesday, April 15, 2014.
"I’d say the tensions are probably gonna rise a little bit, sure. "
- Greg Ferraro, The Ferraro Group, describing the Lowden Hutchison Republican Lt. Governor Primary. Monday, April 14, 2014.
"They are getting paid. It’s a question of how the pay is given. "
- Howard Rosenberg UNR Professor, who says that student athletes should not get conventional pay but they are being compensated through fee waivers and scholarships. Thursday, April 10, 2014.
"We have to get kids prepared to be able to take their rightful place in highly skilled jobs of the future. "
- Dr. Dana Ryan, Director WCSD Signature Academies & Career and Technical Education, who says lots of people, are knocking on the Academies doors needing students who are prepared to enter the skilled workforce.Wednesday, April 09, 2014.
"I guess if you want to look at investment in education 20 years from now to getting back to where we were that’s a great path to take. "
- Nevada State Education Association President Ruben Murillo says that Governor Sandoval’s approach to adding money to the education budget each biennium is too slow in the face of the 800 million dollars that was cut out of school budgets during the Great Recession. President Murillo says the 500 million dollars the governor added last session, while appreciated, was just a drop in the bucket.Tuesday, April 08, 2014.
"I’m much more concerned with what Congress does with the public dollars that they’ve taken from us than what somebody does with their own money that they’ve made, going the other direction."
- Tray Abney, The Chamber (Reno/Sparks) in support of the recent US Supreme Court decision that allows individuals to support as many candidates as they like, financially, as the court removed the financial cap.Monday, April 07, 2014.
"So if they’ve shown that they’ve already had access to that type of information or that they haven’t been convicted of a crime of dishonesty or a breach in trust, then they’ve met the standards of the Nevada law."
- Alexia Emmermann, Insurance Counsel for the NV Dept. of Insurance explaining that despite the fact that at least ten Obamacare Navigators for the state had felony records, there had not been any problems since the program began.Thursday, April 03, 2014.
"They could have had a second companion initiative that would have obligated the spending of that money to education. "
- Attorney Jim Wadhams, who says that there is a flaw in the Education Initiative that would allow Legislators a way to remove any additional tax monies from the DSA and allow that money to be spent elsewhere, apart from education.Wednesday, April 02, 2014.
"He demonstrated how little he does know about foreign policy. "
- Marlene Lockard, The Lockard Group going after Governor Chris Christie’s gaff at the Republican Jewish Coalition meeting in Las Vegas. The Governor used the term Occupied Territories. A no no to the RYC.Tuesday, April 01, 2014.
"We felt that if we included language that would prevent the Legislature from taking money out of the education budget, once all the revenues generated by the Margins Tax is deposited into the DSA, we would run afoul of the single subject requirement. "
- Lynn Warne, former President of the Nevada State Education Association on how a loophole for Legislators exists within the Education Initiative. Monday, March 31, 2014.
"It’s a really interesting circus right now. "
- Michael Hillerby, Kaempfer Crowell, who says that his law firm has medical marijuana clients in both Southern and Northern Nevada. Thursday, March 27, 2014.
"I’m not endorsing anybody. "
- Former Republican National Committeeman James Smack says that Sue Lowden is really starting to sound like the stronger candidate for Lt. Governor. Wednesday, March 26, 2014.
"For Republicans, they go into the (voting) booth and say, well I just have to make a call here. I’m going to have to pick who’s going to be the best person to serve under Governor Sandoval. "
- Sean Whaley Reporter Las Vegas Review-Journal who agrees that both Republican candidates for LT. Governor have baggage, going into the Primary. Tuesday, March 25, 2014.
"There’s been talk about arming teachers. No. I’m sorry. "
- Washoe County School Board Trustee Howard Rosenberg who says unless the weapons are non-lethal, like mace, pepper spray, something like that. Monday, March 24, 2014.
|Next Page||Last Page|