Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2255
"Finally, they’re all Democrats and look at the mess we have.
- Chris Wicker, Former State Democratic Party Vice Chair and member of the DNC commenting on the craziness occurring with the top three leaders in Virginia state government.
Thursday, February 14, 2019.
"Some of the early signs are rather promising.
- Fred Lokken, Political Science Professor, TMCC looking at the Governor and Legislature especially with regard to the Governor offering somewhat of an olive branch to the Republican minority in terms of working together.Wednesday, February 13, 2019.
"The negotiations are ongoing.
- Kurt Mische, President & CEO, KNPB on how Public Television is able to compete in a world that has companies like Amazon, Netflix and Apple competing for programming with billions of dollars to spend. Mische says that while Public Television doesn’t have that kind of money it is still able to negotiate for programs like Poldark and Victoria that are top quality.
Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
"It’s going to be interesting to see how the left of the Democrat party reacts to that.
- James Smack, Former Nevada Republican National Committeeman believes that the Governor will likely move on things like collective bargaining for state employees but remain closer to the center than the hard left on most issues.
Friday, February 8, 2019.
"Steve is a bully.
- Howard Rosenberg, Former NSHE Regent served on that board with Steve Sisolak and regards the Governor and himself as bully’s on behalf of, then the students, now the state and the people of Nevada. Rosenberg thinks that Sisolak will be a good Governor.
Thursday, February 7, 2019.
"He has a perspective that’s vastly different from any other Governor than we’ve ever had in the state on Nevada.
- Marsha Berkbigler, Washoe County Commissioner is happy that Governor Sisolak came up through the ranks of local government, on the Clark County commission. She feels that’s a great asset.
Wednesday, February 6, 2019.
"I think there is a realization economic development is crucial to the state.
- Rob Hooper, President and CEO, Northern NV Development Authority is happy that Governor Sisolak understands the benefit of economic development and Hooper sees continuing support of it as we move forward.
Tuesday, February 5, 2019.
"It went from something we wanted to do to something we had to do.
- Mary Beth Sewald, President & CEO, Las Vegas Metro Chamber describing the reaction of her members to the health care plan the Chamber is offering. The next move is for the Chamber to offer a retirement plan to both its members and employees.
Friday, December 7, 2018.
"I think there is a concern that we have pushed the Chinese so far that this snowball of retaliation can come back to haunt all of us.
- Pat Mulroy, Senior Fellow at Brookings Mountain West and board member of Wynn Resorts who is no fan of trade wars anywhere.
Thursday, December 6, 2018.
"This is probably the single most important market to open in the last decade for sure, maybe the last two decades
- Jan Jones Blackhurst, Executive VP Government Relations and Corporate Responsibility, Caesars Entertainment referring to the opening of the Japanese market to Integrated Resort Gaming. Caesars is pursuing one of the three licenses.
Wednesday, December 5, 2018.
"I hope he gets the right people around him and doesn't recycle the mediocrity that has been here for 40 years in education.
- The Honorable Carolyn Goodman, Mayor of Las Vegas, NV says the per pupil spending should be raised to $10,000 per pupil and that the current $5,700 is probably not enough to hire a babysitter let alone a qualified teacher.
Tuesday, December 4, 2018.
"There’s a level of engagement that I haven’t seen before.
- Jill Derby, Former Nevada Democratic Chair referring to what she perceives as anxiety within the community that the country is heading in the wrong direction.Friday, November 2, 2018.
"The major races in Nevada are so close it’s all going to boil down to who goes out and votes.
- Chris Wicker, Former State Democratic Party Vice Chair/Member DNC says that he never saw the blue wave coming. He feels it was more of a media thing.Thursday, November 1, 2018.
"The Democrats are not for want of money in this state.
- Fred Lokken, Political Science Professor, TMCC pointing out that the volume of money directed towards Jacky Rosen’s campaign for US Senate has been amazing.Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
"Isn’t it sad, when it’s news, that the Senate has done its job.
- Tray Abney, Managing Partner, Abney Tauchen Group on the fact that the US Senate is passing regular order budgets instead of omnibus spending bills.Friday, September 21, 2018.
"They’re lives are ruined just as much as the people they are accusing.
- Elisa Cafferata, Principal, Cafferata & Co answering the question of why women rarely come out and accuse men of rape.Thursday, September 20, 2018.