Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2499
"Globally the trade show industry, conferences and trade shows, is 2.5 Trillion."
- Alice Heiman, Trade Show Makeover says that business to business conferences are one of the main ways business to business sales happen and they are getting hammered by all the conference shutdowns, in addition to the havoc being wreaked on the convention properties in Nevada. - Friday, July 10, 2020.
"We only see the tip of the iceberg. It’s one of the most underreported crimes out there."
- Kerry Nemovicher, Crytica Security says people don’t like to talk about cybercrime because it damages their businesses and their reputations. Anything that is smart is a target for cyber criminals. - Thursday, July 9, 2020.
"It’s probably not going to be the patron. It’s going to be us."
- Ferenc Szony - President, Truckee Gaming says that if customers don’t follow the Covid-19 rules at casinos, the casinos are the ones who are going to be fined by the Gaming Control Board, not the customers. - Wednesday, July 8, 2020.
"Nobody’s got the playbook for this one."
- Caleb Cage, Nevada COVID-19 Response Director on handling the criticism the Governor has received over the response to Covid-19. - Tuesday, July 7, 2020.
"Nevada will not get another (Congressional) seat in 2020."
- Stan Paher, Author/Publisher says we just barely qualified to get the fourth seat in 2000 and says in 2030 we are likely to get another seat. - Friday, July 3, 2020.
"The number one killer of our children between the ages of 11 and 19 is suicide."
- Mary Ann Mele, Hope Means Nevada says teen suicide is the number one cause of death in the state of Nevada, due to mental illness. - Thursday, July 2, 2020.
"They weren't just driving around in nice cars, looking cool all the time. They were committing real crimes and those crimes had a real impact on Nevadan’s and Las Vegan's."
- Reed Redmond, Host, Mobbed Up, whose Podcast shows the reality of the Mob days in Las Vegas through interviews with people like former Hole in the Wall gang member Frank Cullotta, Former Gaming Commission chief Harry Reid and former Governor Bob List. - Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
"So, what I would tell people is, don’t pay attention to the number of cases or the percentage of tests that are positive, pay attention to the hospitalizations."
- Thomas Schwenk, Dean, UNR School of Medicine making sense of the numbers being published by the media each day. - Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
"I think there is some anecdotal information that suggests problems if they try to do the same thing for a general election."
- Michael Kadency, Chairman, Washoe County Republican Party says it’s too soon to tell if there were problems with the mail in ballot, especially in Clark County. He feels the Secretary of State will not be the one deciding if we have a regular vote or mail in vote for the general election, in November. - Friday, June 26, 2020.
"California is just the legal hook to this."
- Brad Crowell, Director of the Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources says what we are really doing is following states like Colorado, which recently adopted a low-emission and zero-emission vehicle regulations and then states like New Mexico and Minnesota who are doing the same things. And we're kind of having a fun race between those three states to see who can get there first or get there at all. - Thursday, June 25, 2020.
"We’re not going to see some of the other big draws for Las Vegas come back for quite some time."
- Rick Velotta, Reporter, Las Vegas Review Journal says that gaming revenue is going to go from the low 30% part of Las Vegas income to a much higher number for a while, as the Strip figures out what they can do, creatively, to make money without other forms of entertainment. - Wednesday, June 24, 2020.
"We can tie into that fiber and ultimately that will be very attractive to some of the tenants we are talking to."
- Ross Pfautz, VP Mark IV, Victory Logistics District says that being close to one of the three main fiber lines across the USA, that is located right next door to their project, is a major benefit. Currently Google, Apple and Switch use that line, while being based in Northern Nevada. - Tuesday, June 23, 2020.
"We cannot go back and lose that progress."
- Brian Rippet, President Nevada State Education Association after praising the Governor and the Legislature for the past few sessions of moving education funding forward. - Friday, June 19, 2020.
"It’s heart wrenching to look at the numbers we’re facing."
- Assemblywoman Jill Tolles (R), District 25 coming off an IFC meeting where the cuts to education are 265 million dollars in fiscal year 2020 alone. - Thursday, June 18, 2020.
"The public employees really have to take a hard hit this time."
- Liz McMenamin, VP, Government Affairs, Retail Association of Nevada says the taxpaying public can’t carry the current cost of public employees without them taking the cuts the Governor has asked for, with the unemployment rate where it is, in Nevada. - Wednesday, June 17, 2020.
"Sales are gonna increase and I’m going to hire."
- Randi Thompson, Nevada State Director, National Federation of Independent Business quoting a recent survey and quote from the Small Business Index from May 2020. - Tuesday, June 16, 2020.