Quote of the DayDisplaying: 1 to 16 of 1501 "I don’t know who. How about it? Do you have any suggestions, Sam? "
- Janice Flanagan Chair, WashoeDems, praising Governor Sandoval as being competent but having no idea who the Democrats will run against the popular Republican Governor.Wednesday, November 27, 2013.
"I am in favor of legalizing marijuana period. "
- Dorie Guy, former chair of the Washoe Dems., Who says she is a teetotaler when it comes to smoking marijuana. She does have some concerns about teenagers and children getting access to the drug. Tuesday, November 26, 2013.
"I tend to believe that there’ll be more wine than (in) the Napa Valley at that point in time. "
- James Smack, Republican National Committeeman, on how US Senator Harry Reid will feel about the effects of the Nuclear Option if he ends up being Minority Leader after the 2014 elections. Monday, November 25, 2013.
"He’s going to pay 2 million dollars for a job that pays $100,000 a year. "
- Kim Wallin, State Controller running for State Treasurer, asks what kind of return on investment her likely opponent, Dan Schwartz, is going to get if he truly invests 2 million dollars in his campaign. Thursday, November 21, 2013.
"Clark got 72% of the money. We got 14% and the rurals got 14%. "
- Lee Gibson, Executive Director, Washoe County RTC who says that Clark County did OK, with the last round of transportation capital projects. Wednesday, November 20, 2013.
"There’s a lot of chatter about Sharron Angle maybe giving Governor Sandoval a run for his money. "
- Sean Whaley, Las Vegas Review Journal Political Reporter, who says this may be one of the reasons the Governor has done so much explaining about his role in the rollout of Obamacare in Nevada. Tuesday, November 19, 2013.
"They’re not upscale but there’s no problem with them. "
- Guy Rocha, Historian on his return from Laughlin where rooms, Sunday through Thursday, recently, went for as low as $14 per night for a room with two beds. Monday, November 18, 2013.
"The plank is written by people that I personally don’t agree with from a social perspective. "
- Marsha Berkbigler, Washoe County Commissioner(R) who was attacked for not having read either the Washoe County Republican Plank or the State Republican Party Plank. Thursday, November 14, 2013.
"I think the fact that (President) Rohani was elected by such a strong majority that the Supreme Leader looked at that and said this is where we need to go now. "
- Jill Derby, Cultural Anthropologist, who is optimistic that Secretary of State John Kerry is very close to cutting a deal with the Iranians over their nuclear ambitions. Wednesday, November 13, 2013.
"I think it’s in the right place. Whether it passes or not, it’s a very heavy lift to create new taxes in Nevada, as we all know. "
- Pat Hickey, Republican Assembly Minority Leader, defending the Legislature’s decision to send AB 46 as enabling legislation, to the Washoe County Commission. The Legislation was not enacted by the Commission. Tuesday, November 12, 2013.
"The listing of the Sage Grouse will do for ranching and every other industry in Nevada, what the Spotted Owl did for logging and the timber industry. "
- Carolyn Dufurrena, Rancher and Journalist for Range Magazine, discussing the BLM’s potential plans for listing Nevada’s Sage Grouse as an endangered species. Monday, November 11, 2013.
"We have a larger population base and you have more children being born. As those children age, if they want to stay in the community they grew up in or they’re comfortable in, then they’ll be taking those jobs and you don’t have the need for importing workers."
- Nevada State Demographer Jeff Hardcastle, explaining why even with Las Vegas in economic recovery there won’t necessarily be a wave of workers being imported into the state. He also made the point that Nevada’s unemployment rate is still above the national average and those unemployed workers need to be absorbed too.Thursday, November 07, 2013.
"I think we need to arm school teachers with knowledge. "
- Ruben Murillo, President Nevada State Education Association, responding to a question of whether school teachers should be armed. He says that there’s a lot to think about before we ever go down that road. He is concerned about a school campus where everyone is armed. His main thought is for teachers to be aware of students with mental illness issues.Wednesday, November 06, 2013.
"I’ll let the people vote. I hope they’ll support me. I’ve always been there for them. "
- State Treasurer Kate Marshall on whether she is upholding the spirit of term limits by first running for CD 2 against Mark Amodei and now Secretary of State. Tuesday, November 05, 2013.
"I’m closer to Robin Reedy "
- Robin Reedy, Republican candidate for Assembly District 39, the district is currently represented by Assemblyman Jim Wheeler (R), when asked where on the Republican spectrum she sits. Closer to Ted Cruz, Senator Dean Heller or Governor Sandoval?Monday, November 04, 2013.
"There were 4 kids, after Mr. Landsberry was shot, that were crawling out on their hands and knees to try to get to Mr. Landsberry to drag him back into school. "
- Howard Rosenberg, Washoe County School Board, reflecting on the Sparks Middle School shooting. Thursday, October 31, 2013.
|Next Page||Last Page|