Quote of the DayDisplaying: 1 to 16 of 1766 "He might just be pulling my leg just like he did when he said he had a great candidate for Governor and no one showed up. "
- Ray Hagar, political reporter Reno Gazette Journal who recently interviewed Senator Harry Reid and the Senator assured him that he would not let CD 3 go without a real Democratic candidate in there. Thursday, July 30, 2015.
"I listen to the Liberal news at nighttime and the Conservative news in the morning, when I’m on the treadmill, because that way I think I kinda get the whole perspective of what’s going on. "
- Marsha Berkbigler, Chairwoman Washoe County Commission pointing out that while Donald Trump is being vetted so is Hillary Clinton. Wednesday, July 29, 2015.
"There was no way that you were going to unring that bell. "
- Andrew McKay, Chairman, Nevada Transportation Authority on whether he was surprised that the Legislature passed the 3% tax on Uber, Lyft and the taxi cab industry. The monies go to the highway fund and to the med school in Las Vegas. Tuesday, July 28, 2015.
"I think if that’s something they want to do, they probably will. "
- Mary Beth Sewald, President Nevada Broadcaster Association, referring to the fact that NBC has renewed contracts with local broadcasters through 2018 but rumor has it that Comcast will make NBC a cable satellite channel like MSNBC after 2018 which would be much more profitable for Comcast and would force local broadcasters to scramble to make up the lost revenue.Monday, July 27, 2015.
"I know who I am. I am a good decent honest person who loves Nevada and loves the Nevada System of Higher Education and who has dedicated my life to making this a better state and a better system of higher education."
- Dan Klaich Chancellor NSHE who despite being under fire from several directions has no intention of resigning and wants the investigation instigated by the Chairman of the Board of Regents to go forward and is confident he will be vindicated.Thursday, July 23, 2015.
"A couple of ghost towns, that are far below average, so far as size. Some abandoned mines, 3 or 4 petroglyph sites and that rock art site is worthy but it’s already being maintained by the BLM."
- Stanley Paher Nevada Historian and Author who believes the Basin and Range Monument created by President Obama is another nail in Yucca Mountain’s coffin as no rail lines will be able to cross it and he maintains that there are many other sites in Nevada more worthy of Monument status.Wednesday, July 22, 2015.
"People started calling me the Tesla Mayor."
- Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve who just returned from a meeting of Mayors from across the country where she came to the realization that Tesla has truly put Reno on the national map.Tuesday, July 21, 2015.
"It’s going to be a billion dollars."
- Ray Fierro Chairman Lyon County Commission describing the Pumpkin Hollow mine near Yerington. It will actually be two mines and a mill. That will bring 900 direct jobs to Lyon County.Monday, July 20, 2015.
"Marketing is not self-serve. It’s putting the information out there so it is easily known and accessible."
- Robin Reedy, former chief of staff to Governor Gibbons, suggests that the Washoe County School Board take a marketing and logistics class from UNR so that the Board understands that the public, in general, is not going to go through a web site to try and find out if the board is spending their budget wisely. Thursday, July 16, 2015.
"Sometimes businesses are managed by people of a different generation than they try to attract."
- Steve Wolstenholme President and COO Grand Sierra Resort explaining why it has taken gaming machine manufacturers so long to start thinking about building a new generation slot machine for the new generation.Wednesday, July 15, 2015.
"It’s not over till it’s over and the fat lady didn’t even get to warm up, much less sing."
- Mary Lau President and CEO Retail Association of Nevada who says the dissatisfaction with the Governors Commerce Tax is continuing to build, noting the loose coalitions of the Controller, the Treasurer and Central Committees, that are up in arms. She feels it is likely we’ll see something on the next ballot for repeal.Tuesday, July 14, 2015.
"If you were anywhere else out of the US, you were waiting on our product to arrive and your operations were at risk, potentially."
- Gregg Jones CEO EP Minerals whose company sells diatomaceous earth in 100 countries, around the world. Because of the Port of Oakland strike, they were unable to ship overseas to their clients.Monday, July 13, 2015.
"They can’t cram any more into that space, they’ve got to go somewhere. If there long term decision is to go south then south it is. "
- Mike Kazmierski President EDAWN who says despite protests to the contrary, from UNR, the university will end up moving into the heart of downtown Reno.Thursday, July 09, 2015.
"A lot of that cost is going to have to be absorbed by everyone in the state. "
- Lee Gibson Executive Director Washoe RTC referring to the $1.3 billion Project Neon on the I 15 in Las Vegas. While Mr. Gibson acknowledges the need, he says taxpayer from Elko to Laughlin and Reno to Ely will have to chip in to help pay for it. Wednesday, July 08, 2015.
"It’s a thing where there’s no fire and there’s no smoke. They need to get over that and move on and talk about something real. "
- Rory Reid former Chairman of the Clark County Commission says the knock against Hillary Clinton regarding Benghazi is a product of Fox News and House Republicans and all they have found is that somebody changed some talking points.Tuesday, July 07, 2015.
"Getting from the airport to the Strip is still just a nightmare "
- David Damore Associate Professor of Political Science UNLV says that in addition to better transportation from the airport to the Strip, Las Vegas also needs a more centrally located major events center. Both hopefully funded, in part, by the Legislature. The events center could potentially be funded by the Live Entertainment Tax (Luxury Tax).Monday, July 06, 2015.
|Next Page||Last Page|