Displaying: 1 to 16 of 1778
"You got me in trouble with Pete Ernaut cos neither one of us checked with him before you asked the question and or I answered it."
- Congressman Mark Amodei CD 2 responding to Ray Hagar’s story in the RGJ suggesting that Amodei might run for Governor in 2018.Thursday, August 20, 2015.
"If it became a problem we’d need to deal with it."
- US Senator Ted Cruz says that he wants to spend whatever it takes to seal the Southern US border but doesn’t see the need on the Northern border at this time.Wednesday, August 19, 2015.
"Marijuana metabolite, it might not be the best system for testing system (for DUI)."
- Chris Hicks Washoe County DA says it’s up to the Legislature to come up with testing rules for DUI regarding marijuanaTuesday, August 18, 2015.
"I would begin rebuilding the Sixth Fleet, immediately. I would begin rebuilding the missile defense program in Poland, immediately. I would begin conducting even more aggressive military exercises in the Baltic States, immediately and I would ramp up our troop presence in Germany and trust me Vladimir Putin would get the message."
- Carly Fiorina, Republican Presidential Candidate who says we have talked to President Putin way too much and now it’s time for action.Monday, August 17, 2015.
"We’re at 100% stall. I don’t know if we’re going to be able to keep those people going.
- Reid Hamilton, Hamilton Solar, who has hired 15 people in his Las Vegas office and may have to terminate them if a resolution on net metering isn’t accomplished with NV Energy.
Thursday, August 13, 2015.
"I don’t see any compelling reason why Governor Sandoval would not appoint her unless she decides she doesn’t want it.
- Glenn Cook, Chief Editorial Writer LVRJ on Former Speaker of the Assembly Marilyn Kirkpatrick being appointed to replace Clark County Commissioner Tom Collins, who abruptly resigned this week.Wednesday, August 12, 2015.
"He was the first candidate in 100 years to win statewide without winning Washoe or Clark Counties.
- Robert Uithoven, Principal J3 Strategies, discussing the Attorney General, Adam Laxalt’s Basque BBQ at the Corley Ranch in Gardnerville that will host 5 Republican Presidential Candidates. It was rural Nevada that was responsible for the AG’s win last November.Tuesday, August 11, 2015.
"My reaction was I learned a lot about the candidates. What I learned is Trump is still an idiot. He’s not going to get elected.
- Dan Mason Program Director KKOH Radio, after watching the Fox debate, says Trump is generating buzz from the malcontents in this country.
Monday, August 10, 2015.
"I just think with all the positive things that are happening, particularly in Northern Nevada, that’s the last thing we want.
- Chris Hicks, Washoe County District Attorney stating that he is very concerned about marijuana dispensaries being all over the community.
Thursday, August 06, 2015.
"The stock market crisis is largely a government policy driven crisis.
- Xiaoyu Pu, political scientist UNR explaining that the stock market crisis in China has nothing to do with the broader Chinese economy. The Chinese government is driving the market and investors are unsure whether to trust the government or not.Wednesday, August 05, 2015.
"Monopolies really hate when they stop being monopolies, don’t they?
- Orrin Johnson RGJ columnist referring to the fight between NV Energy and the Solar industry over net metering.
Tuesday, August 04, 2015.
"I think Republicans are delusional if they think they’re going to hold those ten seats that they picked up in Clark County.
- Erik Herzik Political Science professor UNR who says the Democrats are going to get those Assembly seats back in 2016.
Monday, August 03, 2015.
"He might just be pulling my leg just like he did when he said he had a great candidate for Governor and no one showed up.
- Ray Hagar, political reporter Reno Gazette Journal who recently interviewed Senator Harry Reid and the Senator assured him that he would not let CD 3 go without a real Democratic candidate in there.
Thursday, July 30, 2015.
"I listen to the Liberal news at nighttime and the Conservative news in the morning, when I’m on the treadmill, because that way I think I kinda get the whole perspective of what’s going on.
- Marsha Berkbigler, Chairwoman Washoe County Commission pointing out that while Donald Trump is being vetted so is Hillary Clinton.
Wednesday, July 29, 2015.
"There was no way that you were going to unring that bell.
- Andrew McKay, Chairman, Nevada Transportation Authority on whether he was surprised that the Legislature passed the 3% tax on Uber, Lyft and the taxi cab industry. The monies go to the highway fund and to the med school in Las Vegas.
Tuesday, July 28, 2015.
"I think if that’s something they want to do, they probably will.
- Mary Beth Sewald, President Nevada Broadcaster Association, referring to the fact that NBC has renewed contracts with local broadcasters through 2018 but rumor has it that Comcast will make NBC a cable satellite channel like MSNBC after 2018 which would be much more profitable for Comcast and would force local broadcasters to scramble to make up the lost revenue.Monday, July 27, 2015.