Quote of the DayDisplaying: 1 to 16 of 1624 "Imagine if you’re a parent with a child and you’re stuck in limbo for five years, in such an emotional issue. That, for me, was a significant selling point. "
- Lesley Pittman, Sierra Strategies, helping to make the case of why there is a need for a Court of Appeals in Nevada. Thursday, August 21, 2014.
"If you were to bring that immigration reform bill to the House floor I do believe it would pass. "
- United States Senator Dean Heller feels that most, if not all, of the Nevada Delegation would support some form of comprehensive immigration reform. Wednesday, August 20, 2014.
"It’s not a question of the equipment. It’s what they do with it. And it’s obvious there needs to be more oversight once the equipment is given to somebody. They have to have training procedures to allow them to use it properly. "
- US Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid discussing the use of surplus military equipment being given to local police departments. Some folks are concerned that Ferguson Mo. looked more like a scene from Baghdad Iraq. Tuesday, August 19, 2014.
- Howard Rosenberg Entertainment Critic on what drove Robin Williams maniac persona. He had a fear of failure and this was his way to deal with it. Monday, August 18, 2014.
"When you even come close to getting outside the 4 corners of that document you just stop. They took that thing and ripped it up and stomped on it. Tossed gasoline and threw a match. I think demonstrative of the fact was the people that went and commented particularly the First Lady. I was proud of her."
- Andrew Mackay, Chairman Nevada Transportation Authority discussing the Washoe County School Board of Trustees meeting following their alleged multiple violations of the open meeting law and the comments of the First Lady on how many problems this could cause the school district in terms of future funding.Thursday, July 31, 2014.
"I think that might be a little low."
- Joe Guild Attorney, responding to Mayor Cashell’s comment that this dust up between the Washoe County School Board and the School Superintendent could cost the District 5 million dollars.Wednesday, July 30, 2014.
"From my perspective, this man’s tremendous."
- Washoe County District Attorney Dick Gammick who spoke on behalf of Washoe County School District Superintendent Pedro Martinez, at his most recent evaluation and was stunned by his initial firing.Tuesday, July 29, 2014.
"No, cos I tried to get them to abolish the office."
- Reno Mayor and former Lt. Governor Bob Cashell responds to the question, “Did you ever think the Lt. Governor’s race would be the most high profile race in this election cycle?"Monday, July 28, 2014.
"The public response can only be from the information that it has. This is a situation that is much much deeper than the public has any idea of. Mr. Martinez is playing it for all that it’s worth and I wish him well. But I’m sorry there is a great deal more here and we have a school district that we need to protect in this kind of a situation and that is the most important thing."
- Howard Rosenberg Washoe County School Board Trustee discussing, as best he can, the mystery surrounding the removal of School Superintendent Pedro Martinez. Thursday, July 24, 2014.
"They’re talking about a possible South American/Brazilian trade mission maybe next year 2015. That’s another huge market. An expanding market, I believe that our products have some legs there."
- Joe Dutra President/CEO Kimmie Candy Company who is a big fan of Governor Sandoval’s trade missions abroad. Kimmie Candy will be exporting via the Amazon of China in the next couple of years, due to a trade mission.Wednesday, July 23, 2014.
"I don’t think he’s a viable candidate and I can’t tell you who is. "
- Mary Lau President/CEO Retail Association of Nevada who does not give any credence to the Presidential aspirations of US Senator Rand Paul or any other likely Republican candidate for President.Tuesday, July 22, 2014.
"I think it will get built eventually. It’s a way off but MGM is doing well. "
- Mike Alonso Partner, Lewis and Roca who feels that MGM will eventually build CityCenter North. A companion project to CityCenter in Las Vegas. He Says MGM is probably the best positioned gaming company due to Macau and the revival of Las Vegas, since the end of the recession.Monday, July 21, 2014.
"Education isn’t a business. We’re not stamping out widgets. These are children. Each one of whom learns in a different way. I am sick to death of this data driven garbage. You can cook numbers."
- Howard Rosenberg, Washoe County School Board Trustee, railing against portions of the Nevada Policy Research Institute’s latest study on how to improve education in Nevada.Thursday, July 17, 2014.
"We’re seeing a dramatic increase in attacks against health care providers because medical records are very valuable. Actually more valuable than your credit card numbers."
- Ira Victor, Data Clone Labs who says, due to insurance fraud, which is huge. With your medical records someone could run up bills of tens’s of thousands of dollars.Wednesday, July 16, 2014.
"I am not necessarily certain that that union endorsement is actually going to help Larry (Burns) I think it may harm him. "
- Former Metro Police Lt. Blake Quackenbush says that due to the negative media regarding police and fire salaries the union endorsement of Larry Burns over Joe Lombardo, for Clark County Sheriff, may turn out to be a negative.Tuesday, July 15, 2014.
"It’s a real mess for him and is another nail in his coffin. "
- Professor of Political Science, TMCC Fred Lokken who says the Obama administration has completely mishandled the issue of children fleeing Central America and crossing the Mexican border into the US.Monday, July 14, 2014.
|Next Page||Last Page|